Company: Ingersoll Rand
Posted on: January 17, 2020
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around
the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,
sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family
of brands-including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King®,
Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® -
work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes
and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and
increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global
business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring
results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an
equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse
workforce; including minorities, females, individuals of all sexual
orientations and gender identities, individuals with disabilities,
and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Electrical Engineer is part of the Design Engineering team
whose responsibility is the successful completion of Engineered air
compressor contracts. Principal responsibilities include
collaborating with other Engineering teams and project management
to deliver custom engineered centrifugal packages by assuring
customer needs are satisfied and regional regulatory compliance is
achieved. Key responsibilities include authoring detailed design
documentation, supporting manufacturing activities, and specifying
components of the electrical system. The focus of this position is
Engineered to Order (ETO) system design.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as primary Electrical Systems technical expert to lead
execution of engineering projects.
- Apply technical and practical knowledge to satisfy product and
- Author and validate design documentation including Process and
Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID), Electrical Panel, Control Logic
Diagram, Controls Narrative, Control Panel Configuration, Test
Plans and Test Procedures.
- Specify instrumentation and wiring in accordance with customer
specifications and local codes.
- Component or sub-system integration into system level
- Apply user-centered design methods to establish "ease of use"
in product designs.
- Support product acceptance testing to assure product
requirements and use cases are satisfied.
- Work regularly, dependably and independently.
- Demonstrate ability to cope with stress, change and pressure -
while maintaining a pleasant and cooperative manner.
- Perform mental tasks such as critical decision making,
organizing many topics, prioritizing work to align with business
objectives, and exercising good judgment.
- Ability to travel internationally independently, up to 20%.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Electrical preferred
- At least 2 years of industrial electrical design
- Working knowledge of electrical standards such as UL, NEC, CE,
- Knowledge of hazardous area requirements preferred
- Computer skills and working knowledge of computer systems and
basic office applications knowledge (i.e. MS Office, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of Ingersoll Rand Drafting Software (i.e. Autocad,
- Knowledge of Ingersoll Rand ERP and PLM systems (i.e. SAP,
Teamcenter) is a plus
- Comprehension of intrinsically safe wiring methods
- Flexibility to handle multiple projects of varying size and
- Thorough attention to detail and documentation.
- Capability to quickly and efficiently understand, condense, and
organize information to make informed engineering decisions.
- Ability to adapt and react to changes in project priority.
- Customer-facing communication and presentation skills.
- Capacity to effectively communicate with others both written &
- Proactive team player with a desire to build effective working
- Familiarity with Centrifugal Compressor Control systems design
is a plus
- Familiarity with PLC controls on Allen Bradley and Siemens
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal
and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns
with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you
live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and
diverse culture that engages as well as values the different
backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs
innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about
bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you
belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you
Keywords: Ingersoll Rand, Buffalo , Electrical Engineer, Professions , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!