IT Quality Assurance Lead Allscripts Upgrade
Company: Abacus Service Corporation
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Project: Allscripts Upgrade. To Transition to the Athena IDX
Location: Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center - Buffalo,
Engagement Length: 12 months +
Location: Remote or Hybrid Onsite in Buffalo, NY
Travel for Remote Candidates: Minimal travel may be required during
key project activities
Roswell Park is looking for an experienced IT Quality Assurance
(ITQA) professional to manage the Software Quality Assurance for
the upgrade of their Allscripts application. The ITQA Lead will
identify the test strategy for the upgrade for all phases of the
testing cycle. This role will create a strong partnership with
Roswell's business and IT teams to ensure a high-quality
implementation for the revenue cycle.
The desired candidate will be an IT Quality Leader, advocating for
the Quality Assurance and Testing Process. The role requires
someone who is influential , politically savvy , and has superb
oral and written communication skills with the ability to work in
an environment where there are many organizations and leaders often
pulling in different directions at any given time. This role will
identify quality and testing risks and recommend risk mitigation
strategies working closely with program and project management to
communicate these risks to executives.
This role will lead the gap analysis for the upgrade, reviewing the
release notes and managing the discussions to determine what
functionality will moved into the new version. Throughout the
planning and gap analysis the candidate will gain the knowledge and
expertise necessary develop the test strategy and plan for the
upgrade. This role will not only lead testing, but be hands on
creating test plans, test cases, executing tests, and identifying
After the upgrade is complete, the desired candidate will
transition to Roswell Parks Revenue Cycle System Replacement
Project. This project will replace the existing revenue cycle
system with Athena IDX over the course of the next couple of
Primary Job Duties:
- Facilitates meetings, gap analysis discussions, and documents
requirements as needed.
- Creates Test Plans and strategies.
- Presents Test Plans and strategies to the business and vendor
gaining buy in on established processes.
- Holds testing kick off meetings, presenting the plan to
assigned testers from the business, vendor, and IT team.
- Identifies and creates test cases, ensuring coverage to all the
requirements identified during the planning phase.
- Writes detailed test cases from the requirements documents and
- Ensures all requirements for assigned project are planned for,
all test cases are linked to the proper requirement(s), all test
cases are executed, all defects are updated, and root causes have
been researched, communicated, and addressed.
- Attends planning sessions and identifies quality risks and
defects early in the process to prevent failures.
- Monitors adherence to quality standards and identifies and
reports on quality risks.
- Executes test cases and identifies defects.
- Provides quality assurance leadership and guidance to the
members of the project team and project leadership team.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience in an outpatient, hospital, or Comprehensive Cancer
Center setting a plus.
- Experience working on a EMR or Revenue Cycle project a
- Experience with Athena IDX or Allscripts a plus.
- 5+ years' experience managing and leading the Software Quality
Assurance and Testing on complex integrated projects in corporate
- Experience working with vendors, developers, and business
partners to triage and prioritize issues for resolution.
- Experience Identifying Risk and recommending risk mitigation
- Experience with presentations in large corporate
- Hands on experience in:
- Writing test strategies and test plans on large complex
- Writing test cases with and without documented requirements
- Producing daily, weekly, monthly test metrics on large
- Executing tests and identifying defects.
- Hands on experience with Micro Focus ALM or other test
- Advanced knowledge with software testing concepts: regression
testing, negative testing, White Box v. Black Box, functional v.
non-functional testing, defect reporting standards, reproducibility
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail Understanding of the necessity
and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process
information with high levels of accuracy.
- Analytical Thinking Knowledge of techniques and tools that
promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root
cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions
that resolve the problems in the best interest of the
- Influencing Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and
strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own
- Teamwork Negotiate and partner with other members of the team
to foster a strong team environment through communication, personal
responsibility, honesty, active listening, collaboration and
- Process Management Knowledge of business process improvement
tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or
enhance existing business or work processes.
- Business Requirements Experience and knowledge gathering
business requirements and/or QAing business requirements for
testing activities with the ability to identify requirements
- Products and Services The ability to quickly pick up new
technologies with little to no training.
- Software Development Life Cycle Knowledge of and experience
with using a structured methodology for delivering new or enhanced
software products to the marketplace.
- Software Quality Assurance and Testing Knowledge of and ability
to apply appropriate processes, tools, and techniques for assuring
a high level of quality in computer software products and
- Technical Documentation Management Knowledge of, and experience
in management of the development, delivery and maintenance of
technology product documentation and publications
Keywords: Abacus Service Corporation, Buffalo , IT Quality Assurance Lead Allscripts Upgrade, Other , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!