Foreclosure Specialist II - Milestone Processing - Remote Work Available
Company: M&T Bank
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Overview:This position is responsible for managing the
foreclosure process for an assigned portfolio of mortgage loans,
contested foreclosures or loans in other litigation to ensure
foreclosure is completed timely in accordance with investor
guidelines and for providing administrative support related to the
foreclosure process. Location: This position will be required to be
worked Hybrid if candidate resides within 50 miles of the
Crosspoint Parkway location. If further than 50 miles, this
position can be worked remotely.Position Responsibilities:
- Monitor progress of the foreclosure action from referral to
post foreclosure, including management of issues raised, holds
placed and review/research needed to complete the foreclosure
- Communicate with foreclosure attorneys to understand, minimize
and avoid delays during the foreclosure. Work with foreclosure
attorney to resolve simple contested/litigation actions and title
issues to allow completion of the foreclosure action.
- Provide necessary status updates to investors during the
foreclosure process. Assemble and provide documentation in response
to investor or regulatory audit requests.
- Generate various scheduled and ad hoc reports as needed for
Foreclosure, including but not limited to monthly scorecard
reporting, exception reporting, and workflow tracking reports.
- Ensure investor deadlines within the foreclosure are met,
including but not limited to FHA 1st legal deadlines and FHA
eviction 1st legal deadlines.
- Prepare bidding instructions according to investor guidelines
and ensure proper bidding for sales where M&T's lien is not in
- Review VA appraiser invoices for payment. Obtain necessary W-9,
set up payee header and submit invoice for payment.
- Perform initial review of documents required for foreclosure or
simple contested litigation, gathering of backup and submission to
Tier 2 Reviewer for further review and execution.
- Review equity position and prepare necessary equity analysis
for potential charge off.
- Provide sale results to investor, MI companies and other
necessary parties, updating systems as required.
- Work with attorneys to ensure proper reporting of foreclosure
status to investors.
- Manage a variety of assigned tasks to hold, close or proceed
with foreclosure taking action within the required service level
- Complete daily Sale Result QC for Foreclosure team. Monitor,
distribute and respond to emails sent to Team email boxes. Receive,
review and distribute legal mail received in Customer Asset
Management (CAM) pertaining to residential property in which the
bank has an interest, to avoid risk of loss to the bank or its
investors and work with in house counsel and management to
determine if external counsel must be engaged to represent
- Request checks for disbursement of bid deposit, senior lien
payoff and settlements.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in
accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely
implementation of internal and external audit points together with
any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the
M&T Bank brand.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.Nature And Scope:This
position interacts with external third-party foreclosure attorneys
to ensure successful and timely completion of foreclosure
consistent with investor guidelines. This position also interacts
with CAM Management and internal & external counsel.Education and
- A combined 3 years' higher education and/or work experience,
including a minimum of 1 year Default Servicing related field
experience (e.g., Collections, REO, Loss Mitigation).
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Motivated, team player with a positive and friendly attitude.
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Prior Foreclosure experience preferred
- 3 years' Default Servicing related field experience (e.g.,
Collections, REO, Loss Mitigation).
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of bank and departmental systems.
- Understanding of mortgage product including home equity loans
and lines of credit.
- Experience reading and comprehending the contents of legal
documents.We encourage candidates with relevant military experience
to apply.#LI-RS1 LocationGetzville, New York, United States of
Keywords: M&T Bank, Buffalo , Foreclosure Specialist II - Milestone Processing - Remote Work Available, Other , Getzville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!