Sales & Business Development Leader - Alarm & Detection
Company: Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Co
Posted on: January 7, 2021
Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Fire Protection has been providing
full-service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security
systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being
one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region.
Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and
customers. The company's overall work force has grown and as we
move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the
At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our
employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers
innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer
experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the
ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values,
creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking
candidates for a Sales & Business Development Leader at our office
in Buffalo, NY. Please read through the following job description,
if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover
letter and resume for our review.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
Act as the Fire Alarm Leader for the Buffalo, NY branch, overseeing
the team, operations, business development and growth.
- Identify potential clients in local branch markets and complete
appropriate research on the prospective client s business and
equipment needs. Take initiative and confidently direct client
- Develop relationships with existing and prospective clients,
A&E firms, electrical contractors & general contractors
focusing on re-branding the company as full-service fire
protection, to include fire alarm.
- Develop and partner with DU sales teams to create
contract-winning proposals for current and prospective clients. Set
expectations and goals for sales teams. Collaborate with all DU
companies on business growth and sales strategies.
- Become a SME on our business offerings, processes and
operations through learning portals, product training and
collaboration with other branches.
- Sales duties will include service, repair, upgrade, and
design-build opportunities with a future focus on plan and spec
- Key focus is finding and developing key client relation for
owner negotiated sales.
- Understand current sales, management and field teams strengths
and areas for improvement. Create and maintain development plans
for each member of the team.
- Participate in the DU Fire Alarm community as a leader in the
space working to support outside locations.
- Seek and hire talent as needed for growth.
- Set sales goals with year after year growth expectations in
revenue and margin.
- Take part in the Learning and Development opportunities within
Davis-Ulmer and API. This will result in the need for
- Strong connections/relationships with electrical contractors,
general contractors, A&E firms and business decision makers,
within the Buffalo market is a plus
- High School Diploma / GED required; Associate s Degree
preferred; or previous related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Comprehensive understanding of contract document review,
including thorough understanding of reading blueprints,
specification review, a working knowledge of other trades and how
they can impact a fire alarm proposal
- Industry expert in alarm and detection. Sales duties will
include design-build opportunities with a focus on plan and spec
- Knowledge of card access, CCTV, security a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- None required
- May oversee employees in Design, Field, and Project Management
(may vary per project)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Mostly office environment with moderate noise levels
- May experience loud environments when visiting a job
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Daily stooping, bending, reaching, computer work, and phone
LIMITATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to
reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some
requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or
significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position.
Employees will be required to follow any other job-related
instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by
their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge,
skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the
employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each
duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an at-will
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal
opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any
legally protected status or characteristic.
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"
Keywords: Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Co, Buffalo , Sales & Business Development Leader - Alarm & Detection, Sales , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!