Senior Compliance Consultant - Mortgage Lending
Company: M&T Bank
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Overview:Provide guidance on complex compliance risk management activities in assigned area of responsibility. Execute the compliance strategy and assist in identifying compliance risk exposure and help the organization prioritize compliance risks.Primary Responsibilities:
- Consult with managers of business units on compliance matters.
- Provide timely and thoughtful regulatory expertise in response to business initiatives, line of business guidance requests, internal and external audits, and regulatory examinations.
- Ensure compliance with existing processes and procedures and recommend new ones that most effectively anticipate, manage, and reduce risk to the business.
- Assist in development and communicate recommendations that support adherence to regulations, industry best practices and/or the CRM program.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of the laws, rules and regulations with which the business and/or CRM must comply and an awareness of issues of recent regulatory focus.
- Develop and/or deliver training to support employees in fulfilling their compliance responsibilities.
- Escalate and measure compliance risk issues to leadership and the lines of business, as well as the 1st and 2nd Lines of Defense, as necessary.
- Liaison with CRM departments as appropriate in the execution of CRM program components.
- Assist in Risk Assessment to identify compliance risk exposure and help the organization prioritize compliance risks.
- Assess compliance issues presented through new/revised product and service offerings and work closely with lines of business to plan a response.
- Work with business units and/or CRM to design a plan for timely and effective resolution of complex issues identified through monitoring and testing.
- May interact with State and Federal Regulatory Agencies, numerous risk and executive management, lines of business, and support organizations such as Internal Audit and Legal on an ongoing and regular basis to ensure the enterprise is operating within the Board-mandated compliance risk tolerance.Specific to Posting:- Responsible banking: Fair lending laws and regulation (federal and state); unfair, deceptive and abuse acts and practices (UDAAP), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, etc. - Governance: Issues management, examination management, reporting, risk assessment, quality control and assurance, budgeting, technology solutions, compliance training- WISD: Wealth and investment laws and regulations- Core banking: Deposit and lending laws and regulations (B, D, E, H, X, Z, etc.) and regulatory guidance (AMPTA, Subprime guidance, etc.)- Testing and Project Management: All CRM testing functions as well as enterprise testing support to other departments- Enterprise: Laws and rules that apply across the enterprise, such as privacy rules, FCRA, TCPA, Reg W, the Volcker Rule, Reg O, etc -- BSA/AML & OFAC: Laws and rules that apply to BSA/AML/Sanctions program including Customer Due Diligence, suspicious activity, OFAC and regulatory reporting. Education and Experience Required:Bachelor's Degree in related field.6 years' experience in compliance, legal, audit, risk or other relevant function,OR in lieu of degree,A combined minimum 10 years higher education and/or work experience, including 6 years in compliance, legal, audit, risk or other relevant function
Keywords: M&T Bank, Buffalo , Senior Compliance Consultant - Mortgage Lending, Professions , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!