Posted on: October 20, 2018
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for ensuring all plant systems and machines are operational by performing all plant maintenance duties, including maintenance and preventative maintenance functions. Follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible. Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Installs, maintains and repairs machinery, mechanical equipment, and physical structures. Handles scheduled and emergency repairs.
- Demonstrates ability to start up plant (generator, air compressor, cooling tower, and chiller), normal plant shutdown, and emergency plant shut down.
- Maintains working knowledge and demonstrated high level of trouble shooting skills of pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems. Displays proficiency in electrical problem solving.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment. Displays competency in the proper operation of maintenance equipment (lathe, mill, welder, drill press, power tools).
- Possesses and maintains required hand tools necessary for job.
- Correctly identifies proper name of every machine in plant.
- Utilizes computer based inventory system for generating reports to locating spare parts.
- Functions with a high degree of autonomy, requiring minimal supervision.
- Maintains records and time reports as required.
- Performs quality work within reasonable time standards set forth by management in verbal or written instructions.
- Assists electricians as needed.
- May assist in the training of other employees.
- Maintains a safe, clean work environment while performing all tasks.
- Utilizes mandatory safety equipment. Executes duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Participation in continuous improvement team and activities.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required. All maintenance mechanics are expected to be available to work in all areas of thermoforming production. Education, prior work experience and specialized skills and knowledge: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Minimum two years experience in a manufacturing environment and/or certification in industrial mechanics through an accredited institution. Physical environment/working conditions: The position is in the factory and could involve sitting, standing, walking and lifting for long periods of time throughout the day. Equipment and Machinery used: This job requires the ability to use power tools; manufacturing equipment; personal protection equipment (PPE); fine manipulation; office equipment; typing/keyboarding/data entry; and computer/calculator. Powered industrial equipment certification and ability to operate man lift and scissor lift. Must demonstrate a high degree of mechanical aptitude, good basic math skills and working knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems. Ability to weld. Other (e.g., customer contact or access to confidential information): Must be able to work as part of a team.At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit . Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. "IND1P" #ZR #CB1
Keywords: Pactiv, Buffalo , Maintenance Associate, Professions , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!