Maintenance Assistant - Hampton Inn Buffalo-Airport/Galleria Mall
Company: Buffalo Lodging Associates
Posted on: October 20, 2018
Overview General Summary: Responsible for the maintenance of the building, grounds, the operation of its equipment and mechanical/electrical systems.3PM-11PMResponsibilities Principal Responsibilities:
- Major duties include basic repair work, painting, wall covering, plumbing, electrical work, pool operations, preventative maintenance, and indoor and outdoor grounds upkeep.
- Maintains all fixtures and equipment according to the preventative maintenance schedule and records such maintenance in log books as required by BLA and hotel brand.
- Maintains and services pool and spa areas including testing and recording as stated by the state and local regulations.
- Cleans internal areas of buildings including sweeping, moping and removing garbage from building. Maintains cleanliness of public and storage areas as well as the parking lot. Job Duties:
- Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Develops alternative solutions, uses reason at all times. Makes timely decisions while exhibiting sound judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision making process.
- Project Management - Assists in ensuring routine preventative maintenance on laundry equipment, heating and air conditioning units, ice machines, fire extinguisher, fire and smoke alarms, lawn sprinkler, lawn equipment, exercise equipment and plumbing are performed in accordance with company and brand standards. Assists in maintaining a work order assignment boards and tracks completed/pending work orders in compliance with BLA standards. Review maintenance problems, complaints and work orders to prioritize and schedule work assignments.
- Customer Service - Maximize Customer Service by attaining 80% or better on Franchise Guest Service Scores. Responds promptly to customer needs, requests for service and assistance.
- Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Communicates change effectively. Communicates changes in room status to the front desk.
- Team Work -Upholds organizational values, treats people with respect and promotes a harassment free environment. Coordinate with other departments to fulfill guest special requests. Assists other departments with moving furniture, unloading and storing of supplies, etc.
- Quality- Assists in achieving BLA minimum scoring standard on all Brand Quality Assurance inspections. Must maintain 80% or higher on Franchise product quality scoring. Inspect rooms, public areas and outdoor grounds for preventative maintenance upkeep on a daily basis.
- Adaptability - Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events, changing approach or method to best fit a situation.
- Initiative - Take independent actions and calculated risks, meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggestion for improving work and takes responsibility for own actions. Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Safety and Security - Maintain proper chemical levels in pool and spa areas in accordance to local health codes. Keeps accurate records of key control changes. Operates snow removal equipment to maintain parking lots and side walks.
- Dependability - Is consistently at work and on time. Arrives at scheduled meetings and appointments on time. Is able to meet the demands of the industry with regard to working holidays and weekends Qualifications Qualifications: Two years of mechanic experience in a hotel or related field. Demonstrated general mechanical skills are necessary. Basic repair, painting, wall covering HVAC, electrical work, plumbing, boiler operation, pool maintenance and general maintenance skills required. Must have valid drivers license, and acceptable driving history subject to company approval. Benefits: At Buffalo Lodging, we are committed to keeping our most important assets - our employees - healthy, happy and productive. To achieve this, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to full time employees that includes the following:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs
Keywords: Buffalo Lodging Associates, Buffalo , Maintenance Assistant - Hampton Inn Buffalo-Airport/Galleria Mall, Professions , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!