Operating Engineer- Data Center
Posted on: October 10, 2018
The Operating Engineer, Data Center will have responsibility for the operations and maintenance at the client?s data center. The Operating Engineer will take daily direction from the client?s engineering leadership on-site. Responsibilities include the support of all data center engineering and technology operations, facility and grounds maintenance, and other site support functions. The successful candidate should have strong experience operating and maintaining mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) equipment. They will be part of a team that is accountable for the operational performance readiness, reliability, and integrity of the mission-critical infrastructure systems and IT systems, which include the following:Air Handling Units (AHU?s), UPS?s, PDU?s, Generators, Fuel Pumps and Fuel Storage, Switchgear, Utility Feeds, Transfer Switches, Pumps, Water Piping, Fire Detection, Fire Suppression, Access Control, Monitoring, SCADA, and Leak Detection systems.The candidate must have knowledge of the racking and stacking of servers, the installation of network cables & fiber, and the repair of minor server issues.? The successful candidate must have an understanding of how these systems function and be capable of performing corrective measures. This includes resetting alarms, operating breakers and switches, starting back-up systems, etc. This individual will also be required to respond to IT functional team service call tickets and the oversee service contract providers that support the Facility and Technology Infrastructure Systems.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Understand the engineering design and operational aspects of Data Center Critical Infrastructure Systems and equipment in order to immediately recognize system issues and respond to operational and emergency situations.
- Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) operations and maintenance in a mission critical environment.
- Responsibility for compliance with client?s Change Management System.
- Adherence to all JLL and client standard operating procedures, method of procedures, and emergency response procedures established for the mission critical environments and systems.
- Adherence to the standards and procedures as set forth in the client?s Data Center Procedures Manual and the Data Center Access Control Policies.? When noted, suggestions for improvement are encouraged to support client?s value of Innovation.
- Conduct routine and ongoing assessment of the infrastructure systems operations. Perform tests, rounds, and analyze data to assure the proper functioning of all equipment.
- Responsibility for managing the IT work order system to ensure that all internal SLA?s are met.
- Creation and execution of the preventative maintenance procedures for all critical MEP systems.
- Availability for 24/7/365 coverage and emergency response to infrastructure and IT equipment failures.
- Work closely with the Data Center & Engineering & Global Technology Infrastructure Platform teams to provide guidance/expertise on design goals, operational characteristics, and infrastructure systems to ensure efficient, maintainable operations.
- Performing tape rotations and custody transfers.
- Implementing Data Destruction procedures
- Performing inventory management.
- Safely operate the facility in accordance with all applicable government and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate and enforce safety rules and behaviors.
- Identify, enforce, and assess safety hazards and risks.
- Participate in incident investigations.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Monitor pricing and work quality of outside contractors.
- Review monthly Client Service Request summaries to pinpoint and correct recurrent operational problems.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist site Facility Management team with emergency situations (e.g., fire alarms, chemical spills, hazardous conditions) and take appropriate actions.?EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or state equivalent
- Minimum of two years of college or related trade schooling
- Minimum of four years? experience in electrician trade or related field ? or, minimum of four years? experience in HVAC/refrigeration trade or related field?KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform all work using the proper personnel protective equipment (PPE).
- In strict accordance, ability to perform all applicable safety policies, procedures, and practices.
- Have thorough knowledge of building systems to achieve operating costs ? especially energy! ? and satisfy customer requirements.
- Demonstrate aptitude for and/or have practical experience with thermodynamic, electrical, and/or mechanical systems, as well as computer controlled equipment.
- Working knowledge of computer applications, including Word and Excel?PHYSICAL WORK ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTSThis position requires frequent walking, climbing, bending, kneeling, lifting, stooping, and working/extending overhead, including:JLL Is an Equal Opportunity EmployerJLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. ?JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran?s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. ?The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf. ?If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resum?]
Keywords: JLL, Buffalo , Operating Engineer- Data Center, Professions , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!