Company: Middough Inc.
Posted on: September 12, 2023
Middough Inc. - 'TOP WORKPLACES' Award Winner!Electrical
Engineer - Position and ResponsibilitiesAs an Electrical Engineer
with Middough, you will perform engineering design within
industrial power systems. The design will primarily be focused on
AC power systems from 120V-15kV as well as PLC control systems and
will be reviewed and approved by the senior engineers. The
Electrical Engineer will be required to design using the National
Electric Code and other applicable standards.Responsibilities
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collect and prepare data/information and performs detailed
engineering calculations. Calculations include short circuit,
voltage drop, cable/conduit/cable tray sizing, arc flash, lighting,
heat trace, etc.
- Design detailed drawing packages including:
- electrical one-line diagrams, installation details, bills of
material, panel schedules, lighting plans, motor schematics,
conduit/cable plans, field wiring diagrams, etc.
- Create specifications for various electrical equipment such as
transformers, switchgear, motor control centers, etc.
- Create I/O schematics for instrumentation and control
- Assist in field work, checking installations, and
problem-solving activities.Education, Experience and SkillsThe
successful candidate will possess the following:
- Engineering Technology degree or Bachelor of Science in
Electrical Engineering required with a focus in power systems.
- 5 - 10 -years of Electrical Engineering experience.
- PE license preferred; will consider EIT.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and organize for project efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.Physical
RequirementsThe characteristics described below are representative
of those encountered while performing the essential functions of
this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs,
balance, stoop or kneel, use repeating motions that may include the
wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth
perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Should not expect adverse environmental conditions within
- May be exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as
climbing ladders and/or stairs, extreme heat and/or cold, and/or
poor air quality) if or when on-site at a client facility. - Safety
protections to be provided by the client and/or company and are
required to be used and followed.
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company
locations or client sites.
- This position requires the candidate/employee to possess and
maintain a valid driver's license in their state of residence.
-About MiddoughMiddough Inc. (Middough), founded in 1950, is a
leading professional engineering, architecture and project
solutions company providing services to a broad spectrum of Fortune
500 clients in nine core industries with offices across the
Central, Midwest and Northeast regions. - Our diversified team is
our greatest asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of
interesting projects, management and technical development
opportunities and team building experiences. - Middough employs the
best and brightest individuals who share our passion for excellence
and who are dedicated to client satisfaction, quality service,
safety awareness and professional development.What Middough
OffersWe offer a growth and learning culture which encourages and
supports employee development through a wide variety of tools and
resources such as the company Learning Management System, Middough
Learning Center. Middough provides an opportunity to bring your
talents and expertise to a successful and growing organization for
your career advancement goals. Additionally, we offer a highly
competitive compensation and the following comprehensive benefits
package, based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on
business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Flexible Start Times
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance ProgramMiddough participates in the
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security
Administration (SSA) -E-Verify -program to confirm work
authorization.Equal Opportunity EmploymentWe are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We provide
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin,
age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or
genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or
other non-merit based factors or any other protected characteristic
under protected by federal, state, or local laws. -Middough does
not support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an
employment visa (i.e., H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
Keywords: Middough Inc., Buffalo , Electrical Engineer, Professions , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!