Electrical Maintenance Technician
Company: Allied Reliability
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Overview We need an Electrical Maintenance Technician to
repairs, installs and maintains Electrical Systems and Equipment
such as motors, starters, VFD's, transformers, wiring switches and
alarm systems in accordance with the National Electrical Code and
any applicable local codes. Maintains facilities, production
equipment and production support systems. Responsibilities
- Supports the production of safe, high quality products and team
- Familiar with NEC codes and the codebook.
- Able to troubleshoot electrical/electronic control
- Ability to pass a HAZMAT physical
- PLC experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Prepares requisitions for materials/parts required to complete
- Creates work orders, closes them when complete, and accounts
for time spent on tasks in our computerized Maintenance Management
- Complies with all safety & GMP regulations.
- Follows all company rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintains membership and training in the company emergency
response team as outlined by OSHA, 29 CFR 1910.120 (HAZMAT)
- Must be forklift certified or obtain the qualification within
the probationary period.
- Valid New York State Driver's License.
- Availability to work a variable schedule on occasion to cover
other team member time off. MON Qualifications
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to push, pull, climb, and squat, bend frequently
throughout the shift
- Perform basic math skills including addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division of whole numbers and with decimals and
- Perform basic measurements (tape measures, levels, calipers,
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Physically able to wear a respirator and maintain a Hazmat
- Basic computer keyboarding skills & touchscreen technology
- Proficient with basic hand tools and power tools
- Able to work at heights using ladders, platforms or mechanical
lifts using OSHA required fall protection
- Can work on extreme temperatures ranging -300 F to 1200 F
- Tolerance of variable work environment both indoor and outdoor
in conditions that vary based on location and season
- Basic mechanical skills for machine disassembly and
- NYS approved electrician apprenticeship or 2-year degree in
industrial electricity (military schooling is acceptable) or a
verifiable trade school.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in an industrial electrician
- Able to draw basic electrical circuits
- Capable of reading blue prints, schematics and electrical
- Proficient with electricians tools and test equipment
(including multi meters, meggers)
- Familiarity with the Basics of Fluid Control (such as
- Pipe fitting
- Experience with 3-phase power up to 480 volts
- Able to handle chemicals, paints, solvents and exposure to
environmental allergens. MON
Keywords: Allied Reliability, Buffalo , Electrical Maintenance Technician, Professions , Akron, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...