General Maintenance Supervisor
Company: New York Power Authority
Posted on: January 25, 2023
SummaryProvide managerial oversight of the preventive
maintenance, corrective maintenance, and minor construction
programs covering the civil-structural facilities, on a day-to-day
basis. Supervise and coordinate the activities of the Union craft
under direct responsibility.Responsibilities
- Provide General Maintenance; prepare and monitor the day-to-day
work activities of the crafts; work with the MRM department planner
in scheduling work activities; oversee the safety of the
departmental employees and labor relation activities for the
- Implement the MRM Program through the following actions:
- Ensure maintenance is performed as planned and scheduled.
- Provide input to the planning, scheduling and evaluation of
preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance within the
General Maintenance discipline.
- Ensure maintenance is performed according to the Priority Level
established in the MRM Program.
- Support the development and use of Work Plans, Job Plans and
Job Packages for the performance of maintenance.
- Review and co-approve technical maintenance procedures within
the General Maintenance discipline.
- Monitor, review and evaluate methods, procedures and practices
associated with the implementation of the MRM Program.
- Interface with other disciplines' 1st Line Supervisors, the
Maintenance Resources Superintendent and Planner for evaluation of
the MRM Program effectiveness.
- Foster a "'Safety First" attitude and environment, through the
implementation of the Safety Action Plan for St Lawrence.
- Provide input and justification for the annual departmental
budget for maintenance requirements.
- Perform daily job site inspection to insure a safe work
environment and productive craft accomplishment of work tasks.
- Identify and develop future skill requirements through training
and job enrichment for departmental employees to maintain an
acceptable level of technical and crafts expertise, using the
"'Three-Year Training Plan'.
- Oversee General Maintenance's labor relations activities,
through coaching, disciplinary action and handling step "'A'"
grievance meetings.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A working understanding of the present and the future operating
systems, throughout the Northern Region's area of maintenance
- Understand the working systems used to schedule maintenance
activities, and used to monitor budgets and regulatory
- Ability to solve problems as they arise.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Good oral and written skills, with the ability to facilitate
and address group meetings.
- A working knowledge of the contract and corporate policies to
effectively guide the department.
- Ability to mentor, coach and administer discipline to the craft
personnel as required.Education, Experience and Certifications
- High school diploma.
- Experience supervising craft personnel.
- Must have completed a recognized apprenticeship training
program or have equivalent experience.Physical RequirementsMust be
physically capable of performing the duties at each level of the
craft classifications.New York Power Authority is committed to
providing fair, competitive, and market-informed compensation. The
target salary range for this position is: $109,000.00 to
$133,000.00.Salary offered will be determined based the successful
candidates' relevant experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities.The New York Power Authority and Canals Corporation
believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success,
and we encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals,
people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities,
foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. As an equal
opportunity employer, NYPA/Canals is committed to building
inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect
communities across NY and enthusiastically serve them. We proudly
celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race,
religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability status,
pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, arrest record or
criminal conviction history, or any other category protected by
We are happy to provide reasonable religious accommodations during
the hiring process for those in need. If you have a disability or
special need that requires a reasonable accommodation, please send
a request email@example.com.
Keywords: New York Power Authority, Buffalo , General Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , Lewiston, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!