Credit Risk Analyst I
Company: M&T Bank
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Overview: Perform data and analysis in support of the creation
and maintenance of statistical models. - - Support Senior Analysts,
Risk Modelers and Managers in data analysis and model
- Assist in establishing, monitoring, evaluating and interpreting
data with a risk management focus with an understanding of business
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of Credit Risk databases
to provide data and analytical support to Senior Management.
- Perform data manipulation and analysis using Microsoft Office
Products and present results and recommendations to Credit Risk
- Track portfolio performance and risk strategy results.
Incorporate observations and data in existing models to improve
- Identify deviations from forecast/ expectations and explain
variances. Identify risk and/or opportunities.
- Provide financial analysis and data support to other
groups/departments both in and outside the Credit Division.
- Develop working knowledge of credit risk metrics including
Probability of Default (PD), Loss Given Default (LGD) and Exposure
at Default (EAD).
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in
accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the
M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely
implementation of internal and external audit points together with
any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.Scope of
Responsibilities: This role is technical in nature and requires
demonstrated attention to detail. The ability to identify, analyze,
rationalize and communicate business problems and recommend
solutions is a key factor of success in this role.Supervisory/
Managerial Responsibilities: NoneEducation and Experience Required:
Bachelor degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Quantitative Analysis
or another technical discipline with minimum of 2 years relevant
experience or in lieu of degree, a combined minimum of - 6 years
higher education and/or work experience to include a minimum of 2
years relevant experience.-OR-Master's degree in Mathematics,
Statistics, Quantitative Analysis or another technical
Education and Experience Preferred: Banking or Financial Services
experience; Previous Financial Analysis experience
preferred.LocationBuffalo, New York, United States of America
Keywords: M&T Bank, Buffalo , Credit Risk Analyst I, Professions , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!