Company: Amcor - Buffalo, NY Facility
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Job DescriptionDAY SHIFT12 hour shifts - 7a to 7pResponsible for
correctly loading, moving and storing finished product to internal
and external customers and local warehouse facilities. Supplies
packaging materials for production on an on-going basis and
maintains an adequate supply of packaging materials in designated
areas to keep production running at optimum levels.
Warehouseperson's are responsible for the timely and correct
movement of raw materials, supplies, and all other freight.
Requires a basic understanding of the Blowmolding processes
including part numbers, gram weights, and end-use
customers.Specific Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Operate forklift truck in accordance with OSHA Power Industrial
Truck regulations and Amcor safety procedures.
- Locate and identify all material and product shipped to the
warehouse including maintaining organization of rows in the
warehouse for efficiency.
- Move finished goods product from production lines to the
warehouse in assigned areas and loading trailers with finished
product / preforms as assigned. Ensure performs are in required
locations as needed.
- Unloads, moves and stores incoming materials by checking
identification and reporting shortages or damaged materials. Moves
materials to assigned areas using first-in / first-out (fifo).
- Sorts dunnage to insure materials are available for packaging
- Supplies materials for finished goods production on time and in
- Enter all data on-line with minimal errors. Accurately ticket
- Maintains all required documentation of trailer and forklift
inspections, incoming materials, housekeeping and any other
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of Blowmold packaging
requirements, including both domestic and export products to assure
that contaminated incoming / outgoing product or supplies are
- Change status of product as needed. Rework damaged
- Cycle count, as required, all inventory in the warehouse to
include packaging supplies.
- Completes all required safety checks for fork trucks, trailers,
- Demonstrate organizational ability to complete daily clean-up
assignments, and adequately maintain good housekeeping throughout
the entire area of responsibility.
- Follows all established safety rules and guidelines as outlined
in the Amcor "No Injuries Safety Contract" and as trained.
Understands and communicates all hazards and safety issues to
co-workers and Supervisors. Properly uses all required personal
- Directly responsible for the proper support to all team members
to ensure a positive team environment.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the Warehouse Lead
or Production Supervisor.
- Product Safety regarding cleanliness and notification of any
observations that may create a product safety risk to our
- Immediately report any unsafe acts, conditions or accidents in
- Take reasonable care for self and others to prevent injury
- Performs all other duties as assignedAuthorization
- Those employees with authorized training, have the ability to
shut down / stop equipment if continued operation is a threat to
any employee's health and safety or for unacceptable quality
- Recommend Staff quarantine out-of-specification products,
materials or supplies
- Contact any member of Management without fear of reprisal
concerning questions, suggestions, or complaints regarding quality,
working conditions or job environmentJob Specifications and
RequirementsEducation and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- OSHA Power Industrial Truck certification provided by
- Previous warehouse and / or manufacturing work experience is
preferredPhysical Requirements: This is a medium physical demand
- Continually drive a fork truck and occasionally stand / walk
for up to 11 hours on a concrete floor.
- Employees must be able to work 12-hour shifts days or nights,
including weekends and holidays.
- Employees are required to bend; turn / twist; kneel; squat;
crawl; climb; reach out and up; turn wrist; grasp; pinch; and have
- Lift / push / pull up to 1000 pounds 50 feet using a hydraulic
hand jack (this is the equivalent of a static push / pull of
approximately 70 pounds).
- Occasional frequency lifting weight of 60 pounds from ground to
4 feet overhead.
- Rare frequency carrying weight of 60 pounds for 10 feet.You
should be proficient in:
- Forklift Licensed
- Packaging ExperienceSalary info:$18 - $19 / hr
Keywords: Amcor - Buffalo, NY Facility, Buffalo , Forklift Operator, Professions , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!