Company: PlanET Biogas USA Inc
Posted on: August 8, 2022
PlanET Biogas Group is a world leader in the biogas industry
with over 20 years of experience in the design, construction and
servicing of anaerobic digestion technology. With more than 550
successfully installed plants worldwide, PlanET is a major player
in the global biogas industry. PlanET has more than 250 employees
worldwide based in Germany, Netherlands, France, the UK, USA and
Canada. PlanET's portfolio covers all areas of biogas technology
including Aerobic Digestors and RNG systems from initial planning,
design, construction to on-site service and remote support. For the
continued expansion of its North American operations, PlanET is
looking for a Service Technician to join our team. Reporting to the
Service Manager, the selected candidate will be expected respond to
service and maintenance related calls throughout the United States.
- Responding timely to service-related calls to our existing
clients with the highest focus on quality.
- Periodic service calls to preform maintenance checks and
overhauls of equipment.
- Working on pressure piping, compressors, pumps and sensor
- Follow-up with clients to ensure their plants are running at
- Logging work completed and planning preventative maintenance
- Ensure proper inventory is being stored to meet customer
- Ensures that all work performed meets required federal, state
and local codes and is in accordance with plant policies and
- Maintain a punch list of deficiencies and ensure all deficiency
items are closed out in proper and timely manner.
- Mentor fellow employees when the opportunity presents
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- 3-5 years' experience in a service and warranty
- A background in agriculture or waste water treatment would be
- Functional knowledge of mechanical components (valves,
compressors, pipe fittings, bearings, motors, gearboxes,
- Ability to read and/or interpret mechanical, pneumatic and
hydraulic blueprints or schematics.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with
all levels of the organization both written and verbal; includes
building relationships with team lead and department Manager.
- Experience building and maintaining a proper preventative
- Strong mechanical repair/troubleshooting working skills.
- Strong organization skills and ability to adhere to tight
- Frequent travel, could be as much as 75%
- Results driven with strong communication and organizational
- A self-starter and an independent worker
- Ability to speak, read, and write German would be an
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Suite of products
- Must have valid driver's license and have the ability to work
in Canada and the United States Working Conditions:
- This job operates both indoors and outdoors in areas that are
not environmentally controlled. This job may be exposed to weather
or under cover and in close physical proximity with others.
- Exposure to hazardous conditions and equipment. Physical
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform
an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures;
transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading;
visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or
operation of machines.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for up to 8 hours a day.
- Spend time bending, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pulling,
pushing, lifting, grasping, or twisting the body.
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20
pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force
constantly to move objects.
Keywords: PlanET Biogas USA Inc, Buffalo , Service Technician, Professions , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!