Material Handler II Sunday -Tuesday/EO WED 6am-6:30pm
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Location: Grand Island
Posted on: June 24, 2022
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you
will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for
your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to
support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make
significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
Location: Grand Island, NY
Hours: 1st Shift, Sunday - Tuesday, every other Wednesday;
Competitive Pay rate: $18.50
How will you make an impact?
A Material Handler works in a fast-paced environment in all areas
of Logistics with the goal of meeting/exceeding both our internal
and external customers' expectation. These include but are not
limited to: Picking and staging raw materials and parts, upholding
accurate inventory levels and maintaining a clean and safe working
What will you do...
* Operating material handling equipment
* Working in and out of a -20C Freezer and 5C Cold Room.
* Support interdepartmental communication relating to several
groups such as: Inventory Control, Manufacturing, QC, Multiple
labs, Shipping, receiving.
* Inventory Receipt and Storing of new approved materials.
* Completes Material Request Forms & material movements for
material requests including scrap execution
* Supports PPI continuous improvement initiatives across the
* Familiar with working and managing to Service Level Agreements
* Supports real time inventory discrepancies, Research & identify
* Assume responsibility for special projects assigned by the Team
Leads, Supervisor and/or management.
* Perform frequent inventory, stock rotation and cycle
* May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
* Performs work of a highly repetitive nature.
* Will walk and may occasionally sit, kneel, crouch, crawl and lift
up to 50 lbs.
* May handle "packaged" hazardous materials.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
* Must be available to work any shift (with advance notice of shift
* Must be flexible to work varying schedules, hours, and overtime
* Must be able to lift 50lbs or more.
* Aligning with all company safety regulations and procedures and
* Serving as an effective safety steward by ensuring accurate
reporting of near misses and attending safety trainings.
* Operating a safe work environment through continuous safety
awareness and full compliance to all EHS programs and
* Maintain compliance to PPE requirements
How will you get there...
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* 1 - 3 years related experience, preferred.
* Experience using powered industrial trucks
* Experience with inventory program (e.g. E1)
* Experience with Continuous Improvement and 5S theories and
* Experience with Microsoft tools (Outlook, Excel, Word,
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Demonstrates strong communication skills
* Consistently demonstrates positive and productive results
* Interacts equally well with all employees using strong
* Follows written and verbal instructions accurately and
* Ability to consistently meet deadlines
* Personable, and perpetuates a can-do positive attitude
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Computer skills are required with the ability to learn and retain
new computer programs
What do we offer...
Excellent Benefits Package
* Review our company's Total Rewards
* Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits-effective Day 1
* Paid Time Off & Holidays
* 401K Company Match up to 6%
* Tuition Reimbursement - eligible after 90 days!
* Employee Referral Bonus
* Employee Discount Program
* Recognition Program
* Charitable Gift Matching
* Company Paid Parental Leave
* Career Advancement Opportunities
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 extraordinary
minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our
singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world
healthier, cleaner and safer.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers
accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in
the job application process. For example, this may include
individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision,
mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a
disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require
accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of
our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*.
Please include your contact information and specific details about
your required accommodation to support you during the job
* This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with
disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation
in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes,
such as not being able to get into the career website, following up
on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues
will not receive a response
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Buffalo , Material Handler II Sunday -Tuesday/EO WED 6am-6:30pm, Professions , Grand Island, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!