Company: Waste Management
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minority/Female/Disability/VeteranWaste Management (WM), a Fortune
250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and
environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed
to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and
financial strength. - WM serves nearly 25 million customers in
residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets
throughout North America through a network of collection
operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and
waste-based energy production projects.I. - Job SummaryProperly
disposes of solid waste materials at landfill site.II. - Essential
Duties and Responsibilities -To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. - Other minor duties may be assigned. -
- Operates heavy equipment such as bulldozer, front-end loader,
and compactor, to excavate landfill site, transport solid waste
materials, and to spread and compact layers of waste and earth
- Directs incoming vehicles to dumping area.
- Examines cargo to prohibit disposal of caustic waste, according
to government regulations.
- Sprays poisons and other specified chemicals over waste
material to control disease carrying pests.
- Drives truck to distribute oil or water over landfill to
- Weighs vehicles entering and leaving site and collects dumping
fees. III. - Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThis job has no
supervisory duties.IV. - QualificationsThe requirements listed
below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform
the job. -A. - Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited)
- Experience: No prior work experience required. (A minimum age
requirement of 21 years is required for CDL Driving positions that
accept hazardous waste.) B. - Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
or Other Requirements
- None required. C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required. V. - Work EnvironmentListed below are key points
regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the
job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a
video/GPS monitored vehicle.Required to use motor coordination with
arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than
_ pounds frequently. - -
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt,
odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the
workday. Note: - The level of physical effort may vary from site to
site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
-BenefitsAt Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a
competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. - As well as a
Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on Pension, and more! - Our
employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.
- Please note that benefits may vary by site.If this sounds like
the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click
Keywords: Waste Management, Buffalo , Landfill Technician, Professions , Chaffee, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!