Filter Plant Operator
Company: State of New York
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Minimum Qualifications Certification from the Department of
Health in the grade required for operation of the water treatment
plant to which assigned.
Duties Description *Monitor and adjust control panels, gauges,
chlorinators, filters and other equipment.
* Take samples of water, performs tests and record test
* Add chemicals and adjust water treatments to meet quality
* Maintain chemical storage monitoring requirements.
* Communicate with escort regulator inspectors as needed.
* Clean, repair, calibrate and maintain pumps, screen valves,
meters, other equipment and systems and the physical plant.
* Remove, clean, backwash and replace filters and screens.
* Add to and rake sand in filter beds.
* Calibrate and repair testing equipment.
* Order supplies, chemicals and maintenance parts and
* Produce and maintain records related to work activities,
inventory, monitoring and testing.
* Produce and submit reports about testing and maintenance.
* May instruct and supervise other staff in their operation and
maintenance of plants and equipment.
Keywords: State of New York, Buffalo , Filter Plant Operator, Professions , Collins, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!