Senior Quantitative Credit Risk Analyst - REMOTE
Company: M&T Bank
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview:Perform advanced data and statistical analysis in
support of the creation and maintenance of statistical models,
including Regression and Multivariate models. Support unit (dept.)
in data analysis and model construction. Primary
- Assist in establishing, monitoring, evaluating and interpreting
data with a risk management focus with an understanding of business
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Credit Risk databases to
provide data and analytical support to Senior Management.
- Perform data manipulation and analysis using SQL, SAS and
Microsoft Excel and present results and recommendations to Credit
- Track portfolio performance and risk strategy results.
Incorporate observations and data in to existing models to improve
- Identify deviations from forecast/expectations and explain
variances. Identify risk and/or opportunities.
- Provide guidance and direction to lower level analysts
regarding all aspects of data analysis and the construction of
predictive statistical models.
- Understand and adhere to the Company---s risk and regulatory
standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company---s
Risk Appetite.-- Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the
M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely
implementation of internal and external audit points together with
any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned. Education and
Experience Required:Bachelor degree in Mathematics, Statistics,
Quantitative Analysis or another technical discipline,OR in lieu of
degree,A combined minimum of-- 7 years higher education and/or work
experience to include a minimum of 3 years relevant
experience.-OR-Master---s degree in Mathematics, Statistics,
Quantitative Analysis or another technical discipline, with minimum
of 1 year relevant experience,OR in lieu of degree,A combined
minimum of-- 7 years higher education and/or work experience to
include a minimum of 1 year relevant experience.Minimum of 3 years
relevant experienceBanking or Financial Services experience. Credit
Analysis experience preferred. Experience with SAS, SAS Enterprise
Miner and other Statistical Software Packages.Advanced Knowledge of
SQL and Microsoft Office.Ability to utilize analytics in a
collaborative manner across business functions and product lines to
derive optimum solutions.Demonstrated ability to communicate
complex concepts.Demonstrated ability to manipulate and analyze
data across large databases.LocationBuffalo, New York, United
States of America
Keywords: M&T Bank, Buffalo , Senior Quantitative Credit Risk Analyst - REMOTE, Professions , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!