Senior Compliance Consultant - Deposits and Money Movement (Remote)
Company: M&T Bank
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Overview:Provide guidance on complex compliance risk management
activities in assigned area of responsibility relating to Retail,
Business Banking and Commercial Deposits. -Identify risk and
provide regulatory guidance on various regulations including
Regulation E, Regulation CC, Regulation DD (TISA) and Regulation D.
- Execute the compliance strategy and assist in identifying
compliance risk exposure and help the organization prioritize
compliance risks. Primary Responsibilities:
- Assess regulatory risk associated with deposits related laws
and regulations (E, CC, DD, D, etc.)
- Identify unfair, deceptive and abuse acts and practices and
asses the risk as it relates to deposits products and services
- Demonstrate strong leadership and collaborate with other risk
- Consult with managers of business units on compliance
- Provide timely and thoughtful regulatory expertise in response
to business initiatives, line of business guidance requests,
internal and external audits, and regulatory examinations.
- Ensure compliance with existing processes and procedures and
recommend new ones that most effectively anticipate, manage, and
reduce risk to the business.
- Assist in development and communicate recommendations that
support adherence to regulations, industry best practices and/or
the CRM program.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of the laws,
rules and regulations with which the business and/or CRM must
comply and an awareness of issues of recent regulatory focus.
- Develop and/or deliver training to support employees in
fulfilling their compliance responsibilities.
- Escalate and measure compliance risk issues to leadership and
the lines of business, as well as the 1st and 2nd Lines of Defense,
- Liaison with CRM departments as appropriate in the execution of
CRM program components.
- Assist in Risk Assessment to identify compliance risk exposure
and help the organization prioritize compliance risks.
- Assess compliance issues presented through new/revised product
and service offerings and work closely with lines of business to
plan a response.
- Work with business units and/or CRM to design a plan -for
timely and effective resolution of complex issues identified
through monitoring and testing.
- May interact with State and Federal Regulatory Agencies,
numerous risk and executive management, lines of business, and
support organizations such as Internal Audit and Legal on an
ongoing and regular basis to ensure the enterprise is operating
within the Board-mandated compliance risk tolerance. Education and
Experience Required:Bachelor's Degree in related field.6 years'
experience in compliance, legal, audit, risk or other relevant
function,OR in lieu of degree,A combined minimum 10 years higher
education and/or work experience, including 6 years in compliance,
legal, audit, risk or other relevant function LocationBuffalo, New
York, United States of America
Keywords: M&T Bank, Buffalo , Senior Compliance Consultant - Deposits and Money Movement (Remote), Professions , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!