Electrical Power Design Engineer (Circuit Design, Space Radiation, Mot
Company: DBA Web Technologies
Location: East Aurora
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Electrical Power Design Engineer (Circuit Design, Space
Radiation, Motor -ServoMechanism Controller, Power Conversion
Design) in East Aurora, NY Position: Electrical Power Design
Engineer (Circuit Design, Space Radiation, Motor/ServoMechanism
Controller, Power Conversion Design)Location: East Aurora,
NYDuration: Full-Time ONSITE position (no contracts, no corp to
corp, no remote) Salary: Excellent Compensation with benefits +
Interview Travel + 401KSKILLS: Electrical Engineering Degree,
Circuit Design, Space Radiation, Motor/ServoMechanism Controller,
Power Conversion Design, EMI/EMC Mil-STD 461, Circuit
Implementation, Cadence Allegro Design Tools, AC and DC
Converter/Inverter Design, Space radiation-hardened environment,
designing magnetics, Brushless Motor Controller Design Topologies,
Hi-Rel EEE Component DESCRIPTION:For one of our prestigious client,
we have an opportunity for a Senior Electrical Power Design
Engineer at their location in East Aurora, NY. In this position,
you will be engaged in the development of system architectures for
a variety of power electronics platforms. You will also be a
critical part of a cross-functional team for design and development
Launch Vehicle/Satellite Control Electronics and Power Management
- Review and interpret customer specifications in order to design
thrust vector actuation control system electronic controllers,
valve drivers, power converters, supplies, EMI filters and power
management systems. These systems operate from 28V up to 800 VDC
and power levels to 50KW.
- Work with and function as a lead for the electrical design
team. The role will require facilitating and supporting efforts of
thermal analysts, packaging engineers, firmware design engineers,
circuit board layout designers, EMI/EMC design engineers, systems
engineers, and test engineers/technicians.
- Provide high performance, cost conscious electronic power
designs including: analog and digital circuit design.
- Magnetic design of inductors and transformers and custom power
devices such as hybrids, power switches, current sensors and
- Working knowledge of a variety of small 5W to large 10KW power
supply design topologies, A/D and D/A circuitry, and trapezoidal
and Space vector modulated brushless DC motor drives and of a
variety of current sense and gate drive design methodologies.
- Work closely with subject matter experts to jointly define
requirements and implementation.
- Lead and mentor less experienced power engineers. This will be
supported through training and creating standards, processes and
tools for team.
- Design, simulate, and analyze circuitry; perform analyses such
as tolerance, component derating, power, BIT coverage, stability,
- Perform initial prototype testing, integration testing, and
design verification / validation. Test and troubleshoot
electronics, electronic subsystems and circuit cards.
- Specify and support the design of test equipment and test
- Interact with customers on a professional and technical level
to help drive the requirements and design to a successful
- Provide formal technical presentations to customers for program
reviews and with business development.
- Support business unit bid and proposal efforts with cost
estimates and technical write-ups.A successful candidate should
have the following experiences:
- BSEE and 7+ years High Reliability Circuit Design experience in
a Space Radiation Environment, or MSEE with 3+ years'
- Experience with motor/servomechanism controller and power
conversion design experience.
- Motivated individual who can work in both office and lab
environments equally well.
- Military / Aerospace / DoD program design experience.
- Familiar with EMI/EMC Mil-STD 461 requirements and circuit
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of Cadence/Allegro design
- Detailed knowledge of AC and DC Converter/Inverter design
experience in a Space radiation-hardened environment and experience
in designing magnetics (inductors, transformers, etc.)
- Detailed knowledge of Brushless Motor Controller Design
Topologies (i.e. PWM Gate Drives)Demonstrated knowledge of Hi-Rel
EEE Component Selection/Design/Screening
requirements.-----------------------------------Please click the
Apply Now button below to send your resume. - provided by Dice
Keywords: DBA Web Technologies, Buffalo , Electrical Power Design Engineer (Circuit Design, Space Radiation, Mot, Professions , East Aurora, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!