Company: Related Companies
Posted on: March 28, 2020
ResponsibilitiesYour Role Within the Company:The Maintenance
Supervisor is responsible for all the overall maintenance of the
site and keeps the regional office fully informed of the site?s
status for a 208 unit affordable housing community in Buffalo, NY.
We are always looking for an outstanding team member who work with
a passion for excellence, a ?can do? results-oriented attitude and
a dedication to quality. The employee will report to the Community
Manager on site and is responsible for the overall maintenance of
the property, supervision of the maintenance staff and keeping the
regional office fully informed. Additionally, the Maintenance
Supervisor performs all duties in compliance with company policies
and procedures, the Equal Employment Opportunity, Fair Housing and
Human Rights statutes. Responsibilities include, but not limited
- Acts as a working supervisor, with majority of time spent
performing maintenance functions.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the overall property and
customer/resident based community.
- Inspect the building and property on a daily basis and
performed routine preventative maintenance and immediately
addressing safety issues.
- Responds to emergency maintenance repairs after normal working
hours or assigns to another team member.
- Make budget recommendations to the Property Manager for all
maintenance line items and assists the Property Manager in
controlling maintenance expenses.
- Order and maintain inventory of building materials and supplies
- Coordinate efforts between management and contractors and
obtain bids for repairs and replacements as per company
- Ensures that all company maintenance policies and procedures
are implemented at the property.
- Ensures that company standards for the performance of
maintenance functions are consistently maintained.
- Provides direction, guidance, and supervision to all
maintenance staff at the property.
- Responsible for preparing and implementing weekly maintenance
staff work schedules.
- Provides training of maintenance staff to ensure proper
performance of their functions, consistent with company policies,
procedure and standards.
- Ensure service contractors as scheduled for appropriate
maintenance (exterminator, elevator, standpipe sprinkler, boiler,
- Remove snow and ice and keep sidewalks clean and safe during
- Keep and maintain accurate records as required by regulation or
company operating protocols.
- Responsible for general upkeep of the building which includes,
but is not limited to making sure that all common areas are in a
clean and orderly state and the landscaping is up kept.
- Involvement with the tenant community and reporting any issues
to management in a timely manner. QualificationsKey skill set:
- Communication and customer service skills
- Routine maintenance skills
- Stress Tolerance
- Conflict Management
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- TeamworkBackground profile:
- Previous maintenance experience in various maintenance areas
including: plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, and general
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Must be service oriented.
- General computer knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Specific licenses and/or certifications may be required
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- Experience working with REAC (Real Estate Assessment
- Snow removal *Emergency on-call required Benefits and Features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Medical, Dental, Life, Disability & Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off
- Matching 401(K)
- & More!Compensation: $24 - $25 per hour (depending on
experience) #CBKB #APKB10Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For information about how we use your personal information,
including information submitted for career opportunities, please
OverviewRelated Affordable is the division of Related Companies
that develops, acquires and preserves affordable housing throughout
the nation. Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related
Companies, and its broad portfolio of award-winning affordable and
mixed-income developments demonstrate the company?s continuing
ability to create affordable housing opportunities in a variety of
geographically, economically and socially diverse neighborhoods.
Related owns and operates a portfolio of more than 60,000
affordable and workforce housing units.
Keywords: Related Companies, Buffalo , Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!