Senior Data Scientist, True North
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: July 12, 2019
Our Exciting Work EnvironmentThis position will be based out of
Delaware North's new global headquarters, a state-of-the-art,
12-story, mixed-use building in downtown Buffalo, N.Y. The
headquarters facility, reflective of our values, integrates the
latest advances in environmental, energy conservation and office
design. The Opportunity At Delaware North we have a a long history
of operational success and we have ambitious goals for our future
growth and operating performance. These aspirations are supported
by a transformative enterprise-wide initiative called True North.
True North re-imagines the Delaware North operating model by
creating processes and tools and providing enhanced support to our
local teams that will enable us to best serve our guests, clients,
and 55,000+ associates. To achieve these goals, we need people like
you. The True North team is hiring a Senior Data Scientist to
provide business insight to support Delaware North business units
and disciplines by performing analysis of data, with the goal being
to help drive improvements in guest experience, revenue or expense
management. The position includes all phases of the analytics
pipeline, including data extraction/acquisition, exploratory data
analysis, data cleansing, transformations, feature engineering,
statistical analysis and communication of business
- Work interactively with internal clients in finding business
insights, recommended actions and strategic business opportunities.
Communicate intermediate and final analytic business results and
insights to business partners. Provide leadership in the
application of principles of the Delaware North analytics strategy
in addressing business opportunities.
- Exercise self-management and good judgement in execution of
- Determine the best methods to acquire, process and analyze data
per request parameters and analytic strategy on the most complex
- Perform statistical analysis to support business initiatives.
Design, develop and deliver complex custom and analytic solutions.
Create prototypes and new approaches where existing approaches are
insufficient. Ensure outputs are error-free, accurate and useful to
- Partner iteratively with management and business
representatives to understand, document and validate
requests/requirements. Projects may include, but are not limited
- Documenting and exploring new data sources
- Developing business metrics and interactive reporting
- Creating validated predictive models to forecast business and
- Business insights and recommendations to increase revenue,
profit, guest experience, or reduce cost, loss and fraud
- Integrating analytic product into business or technical
- Adherence to established policies, particularly around
information security, privacy and acceptable use.
- Able to foster collaborative relationships with analytic peers
and internal clients.
- Share knowledge with and learn from peers. Communicate results
in a manner that business partners can understand and
- Masters in Business, Mathematics, Computer Science or Analytics
- SAS certifications or other data science certifications a
- Minimum of 4+ years experience in an analytics or business
- Data processing in SAS, SQL or equivalent.
- Statistical analysis, using SAS, R, Python or equivalent.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Data visualization experience (SAS Visual Analytics or Tableau)
is preferred, as are predictive analytics/machine learning.
- Demonstrated ability to translate between technical and
business concepts, and communicate to a broad variety of functional
- Ability to work without sponsorship.
Keywords: Delaware North, Buffalo , Senior Data Scientist, True North, Other , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!