Personal Care Aide
Company: Community Care Home Health Services - Rochester
Posted on: June 19, 2019
Why Choose Community Care * Earn top wages within the home care
* Our coordinators continuously--work hard to keep you on the
* Caring coordinators advocate on your behalf to keep you working
on types of home care cases you enjoy
* You are your own boss - choose the home care cases that suit your
lifestyle, schedule, and skills
* Flexible Shifts
* Options to work in a private home care setting or in a
* Mentorship Program
Job Summary The Personal Care Aide is prepared to assist clients
and families with personal care and home management. The Personal
Care Aide provides services to patients whose medical conditions
are stable. The Personal Care Aide works under the direct
supervision of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse.
Responsibilities * Assist as assigned with activities of daily
living such as bathing, grooming, toileting and elimination, and
adequate nutritional intake.
* Assist as assigned with ambulation, transfers and/or range of
* Maintain a clean, safe and healthy client environment.
* Assist client as assigned with incidental activities of daily
living such as shopping, meal preparation, socialization
activities, homemaking and medication reminders.
* Utilizie basic infection control measures
* Read and record client temperature, pulse, and respiration when
* Recgonize and document changes in client condition and safety and
report to supervisor.
* Organize self to carry out visits/shifts and tasks.
* Attend mandatory in-services.
* Provide requested documents to keep employee file current.
* Complete other assignments as requested and assigned.--
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements: * Age of majority in
* Valid driver's license, according to Office-specific policy.
* Valid auto liability insurance if assignment(s) includes driving
own vehicle to transport client according to Office-specific
* Attend training required by state and federal law and
* At least six (6) months of accumulated experience in a similar
job classification, smiliar life experience or a graduate of a
training and competency program, a school of nursing student in the
last year of a program or a Graduate RN or LPN/LVN with proof of
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required: * Meets applicable health
requirements to provide client services.
* Able to effectively communicate with all levels of the
* Able to hear, speak, write and read in a manner understood by
* Able to multi-task
* Able to read, and interpret technical instructions related to
providing services of the client and use equipment required in
Community Care is committed to the enhancement of a work
environment that values and benefits from the diverse community of
all its team members. In our daily practice we promote an open
environment accepting of all people regardless of race, age,
gender, ethnicity, political affiliations, creed, national origin,
sexual orientation, or disability. Our efforts are guided by the
core values of respect, patience, open mindedness, and ethical
practice to ensure a productive work relationship in a diverse
setting. We strive to have in place policies that promote cultural
competency with a focus on the dynamic cultural changes in the
Keywords: Community Care Home Health Services - Rochester, Buffalo , Personal Care Aide, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!