Community Living Staff 1 (CLS 1)
Company: The DePaul Group
Posted on: February 9, 2024
Community Living Staff 1 (CLS 1)
Mental Health - Residential
Living Opportunities of DePaul (LOD)
Seneca Square, a DePaul Community Residence-Single Room Occupancy
(CR-SRO) Program, is now hiring per diem Community Living Staff.
The Community Living Staff works as an effective member of the team
with regard to assisting each resident with carrying out his or her
service plan goals and objectives in a person-centered approach.
The pay rate for this position is $20-$20.30/hour. Why work for
- Make a positive difference in
- Supportive work environment
- We value diversity
- Opportunity for professional development and career
- Excellent benefits & competitive wages
- Provide teaching, monitoring and recovery oriented supports in
accordance with OMH 595 including the following rehabilitative
services: Assertiveness / Self-Advocacy Training, Community
Integration / Resource Development, Daily Living Skills, Health
Services, Medication Management / Training, Parenting Training,
Rehabilitative Counseling, Skill Development, Socialization,
Substance Abuse Services, Symptom Management.
- Assists the Medication Coordinator with supervising resident
medications in accordance with physician's orders, agency policy
and NYS Office of Mental Health regulations.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation in resident
- Communicates relevant information regarding a resident's mental
and physical status to the Residential Services Coordinator, the
Supervisor on site or directly to the provider when needed.
- Completes basic documentation in the resident file with regard
to any psychiatric concerns, medical concerns, progress, or
anything else deemed as significant.
- Ensures that daily tasks and assignments are completed as
directed by the Residential Services Coordinator or Supervisor on
site. This includes assisting with the preparation of resident's
rooms prior to admission to the program, helping with the
orientation of new residents moving into the program and assisting
with the discharge and transfer of residents when needed.
- Completes rounds at least 4 times per shift in an effort to
monitor the program and intervene when necessary to settle any
potential problems or disputes between residents; this includes
updates on the daily census check if needed. Works with Overnight
security to ensure the safety and well-being of the resident (i.e.,
observation of the building and grounds, enforcing visitor's hours,
ensuring the doors are locked at 9:00pm each night, restricting
unwanted visitors and monitoring of the security camera's
- Shares information with supervisor or other administrative
staff in regard to problems or concerns that occur during their
- Works with and helps residents maintain the upkeep of their
- Coordinates and participates in resident's recreational
- Respects and maintains resident confidentiality and
demonstrates a caring, positive attitude toward all residents (as
per respect policy), staff, family members, guests and service
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required by the
- Work as a member of the residential team for each resident and
give relevant input for treatment team meetings and Continued
- Provides safe transporting of residents when needed.
- Performs any other duties necessary for the effective operation
of the program.
Minimum of High School diploma or GED and ability to demonstrate
verbal and written skills necessary to carry out services for the
success of the program. At least one-year of experience in a
residential setting working with people in various stages of
recovery from mental illness preferred. Valid New York State
driver's license that meets qualifications set by agency's clean
driver record policy is preferred. Must be at least Eighteen (18)
years of age.
Must work a minimum of 4 shifts per month.
DePaul is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: The DePaul Group, Buffalo , Community Living Staff 1 (CLS 1), Other , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!