Machine Operator, Slitting
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Join a great team and work in a great location in Cheektowaga,
NY. - Our site is an air-conditioned plant, competitive pay,
generous shift differential, and benefits too. - We are looking for
help on 2nd and -3rd shift. - Hours are Sunday through Thursday
10:45PM to 7AM. - Come join ProAmpac who is one of the largest
suppliers of consumer packaging products. -
ProAmpac offers a full benefits package! -
- Paid parental leave
- Life Insurance
- 401k with generous company match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Lunch breaks
- 11 paid holidays
- Safety shoe allotment
- Generous employee referral program
- ProAmpac's Employee Assistance Fund, and much, much more.
- Assists the Rewind Operator to slit (cut) film to conform to
- Assists in the setup of the rewind machines to cut and rewind
to specific customer requirements.
- Assists in preparing jobs that are to be run on the rewind
- Reviews upcoming orders in the Rewind department with the
operator, analyzes information, and coordinates efforts to follow
the proper procedures and complete the jobs in a safe and timely
- Prepares jobs being run on the Rewind machines by placing
materials on skids next to the Rewinder to ensure a continuous
- Consistently follows all safety procedures and inspects work to
ensure the quality of the products meets customer requirements.
- Wraps finished rolls and moves rolls to shipping/receiving for
timely shipment to the customer.
- Works with the Operators to complete production reports and
- Responsible for organizing and cleaning the Rewind area.
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and multiply and
divide with three-digit numbers using units of American money,
weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Strong ability to read a tape measure.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and multi-tasking
skills to communicate effectively with Assistant Rewinders, Rewind
Operators, and Production Supervisors and Leads.
- Ability to read, comprehend and write simple correspondence,
and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group
situations to customers or fellow employees.
- Ability carry out detailed written or oral instructions and to
deal with problems involving a few variables in standardized
- Mechanical aptitude and manufacturing experience preferred. -
Keywords: PROAMPAC, Buffalo , Machine Operator, Slitting, Other , Elma, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...