Company: Middough Inc.
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Middough Inc. - 'TOP WORKPLACES' winnerStructural Engineer -
Position and ResponsibilitiesAs a Structural Engineer, you will
collect and prepare data/information and perform detailed
engineering calculations. The Structural Engineer performs basic
engineering design for review and approval by senior department
personnel. The Structural Engineer demonstrates
technical/professional growth annually by maintaining active
membership in professional organizations and participating in
technical seminars/courses. The Structural Engineer will be able to
be creative in thought processes to deliver ultimate Project
Solutions.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the
- Collect and prepare data/information and performs detailed
- Serve as Project Lead for select single-discipline projects by
estimating work hours, developing scope of work, making staffing
recommendations, and checking drawings.
- Assist in field work, checking installations, and
- Interact with other company departments and external suppliers
to obtain required information.
- Manage the scope of the project work, address scope and work
changes, adjust the project deliverables as necessary, and complete
the project work based on the budget and scheduled time frame.
- Present project information to both internal and external
client audiences.Education, Experience and SkillsThe successful
candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- 5-10 years of experience in structural design for refinery,
chemical or heavy industrial facilities. -
- Professional Engineer license preferred.
- EIT Certification in process or obtained. -
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, able to model and learn REVIT & BIM
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office preferred.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and attention to detail
- Excellent multitasking and organizational abilities for project
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. -
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.Physical
RequirementsThe characteristics described below are representative
of those encountered while performing the essential functions of
this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs,
balance, stoop or kneel, use repeating motions that may include the
wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth
perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Should not expect adverse environmental conditions.
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company
locations or client sites.
- May be exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as
climbing ladders and/or stairs, extreme heat and/or cold, and/or
poor air quality) if or when on-site at a client facility. - Safety
protections to be provided by the client and/or company and are
required to be used and followed.
- This position requires the candidate/employee to possess and
maintain a valid driver's license in their state of residence.
-About MiddoughMiddough Inc. (Middough), founded in 1950, is a
leading professional engineering, architecture and project
solutions company providing services to a broad spectrum of Fortune
500 clients in nine core industries with offices across the
Central, Midwest and Northeast regions. - Our diversified team is
our greatest asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of
interesting projects, management and technical development
opportunities and team building experiences. - Middough employs the
best and brightest individuals who share our passion for excellence
and who are dedicated to client satisfaction, quality service,
safety awareness and professional development.What Middough
OffersWe offer a growth and learning culture which encourages and
supports employee development through a wide variety of tools and
resources such as the company Learning Management System, Middough
Learning Center. Middough provides an opportunity to bring your
talents and expertise to a successful and growing organization for
your career advancement goals. Additionally, we offer a highly
competitive compensation and the following comprehensive benefits
package, based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on
business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Flexible Start Times
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance ProgramMiddough participates in the
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security
Administration (SSA) E-Verify program to confirm work
authorization.Equal Opportunity EmploymentWe are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We provide
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin,
age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or
genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or
other non-merit based factors or any other protected characteristic
under protected by federal, state, or local laws. Middough does not
support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment
visa (i.e., H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
Keywords: Middough Inc., Buffalo , Structural Engineer, Other , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...