Machine Operator (LSI) 1st Shift
Company: Astronics Corporation
Location: East Aurora
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Astronics LSI is looking for a machine operator. Come join a
dynamic manufacturing team assembling lighting and panels for our
aerospace customers. Our production facility is temperature
controlled, clean, and spacious.
We offer a 9/80 work schedule where you can have every other Friday
off with a slightly longer work day throughout the remaining week
days. (NO WEEKENDS!!) You will be offered benefits starting the
first of the month following your hire date, including paid
holidays, health/vision/dental insurance, 401(k), bonus, and other
great benefits. Your 90-day probationary period will focus on
attendance, quality, quantity, and LSIs core values (Teamwork,
Passion, Continuous Improvement, Integrity, and Enduring
Operate CNC machine, milling machines, boring machines, and
grinders, to machine metallic and non-metallic work-pieces by
performing the following duties.
1st: 6:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Essential duties and responsibilities
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties
performed. Employees occupying this position will be required to
follow any other related instructions and to perform any other job
related duties requested by their supervisor. Furthermore, this
does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to
change at the discretion of the employer.
* Tends machines that press, shape or manufacture parts from raw
* Use a band saw or standing saw
* Position and align parts in specified relationship to each other
in jig, fixture or other holding device to join or secure parts in
* May screw, bolt, tape fixtures / parts in the machine or perform
* Computer skills
* Material preparation
* Performs tasks such as, de burring, sanding, sandblasting,
cleaning, installing inserts / helicoils, etc.
* Must be willing to accept and receive frequent supervision and
assistance with regards to the following: machine set-up, running
production parts, and any other assigned job task.
* Follows work orders
* Ability to interpret Drawings
* Examines product for compliance to Drawings
* Inspects product for compliance to specified dimensions
* Measure product using tools such as Calipers, Radius Gages, Angle
Gages, pin gauges, depth gauges, micrometers, etc.
* Perform First and Final Piece inspections on automated CMM
* Perform In process inspections during production runs.
* Examines product for surface defects such as chips, scratches,
* Follows cellular manufacturing when applicable
* Use required safety equipment
* Maintain a safe and clean environment
* Train other machine operators on skills and procedures required
to do their necessary job function.
Keywords: Astronics Corporation, Buffalo , Machine Operator (LSI) 1st Shift, Other , East Aurora, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!