Company: Dollar General Corporation
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Company Overview Dollar General Corporation has been delivering
value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps
shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day. by offering products
that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks,
health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel,
housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient
neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000
stores in 47 states, and we're still growing. Learn more about
Dollar General at . Job Details GENERAL SUMMARY: Act as the point
of contact for customers. Assist in setting and maintaining
plan-o-grams and programs. Stock merchandise adequately. Perform
other duties as necessary to maximize profitability, customer
satisfaction, and teamwork, while protecting company assets. DUTIES
and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: * Unload trucks.
* Follow company work processes to receive, open and unpack cartons
and totes; store merchandise in stock room or move directly to
* Build merchandise displays.
* Stock merchandise; rotate and face merchandise on shelves.
* Restock recovered merchandise.
* Assist customers by locating merchandise.
* Bail cardboard and take out trash; dust and mop store floors;
clean restroom and stockroom.
* Comply with company policies and procedures.
* Greet customers.
* Operate cash register and flatbed scanner to itemize and total
customer's purchase; bag merchandise.
* Collect payment from customer and make change.
* Assist with ordering merchandise using hand-held scanners, as
* Clean front end of store and help set up sidewalk displays when
necessary. Qualifications KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS: * Effective
interpersonal and oral communication skills.
* Understanding of safety policies and practices.
* Ability to read and follow plan-o-gram and merchandise
* Knowledge of basic cash handling procedures.
* Basic mathematical skills.
* Ability to perform IBM cash register functions. WORK EXPERIENCE
and/or EDUCATION: * High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Dollar
General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Dollar General Corporation, Buffalo , Sales Associate, Other , Bradford, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!