Company: CONAX TECHNOLOGIES LLC
Posted on: January 26, 2023
DescriptionConax Technologies---great minds don't necessarily
think ALIKE--- solutions and innovation happen when we think
TOGETHER.Engineering Solutions to your complex challenges for over
60 years! Compression seal fittings, temperature sensors and custom
solutions for Aerospace, Oil & Gas, Power Generation,
Semiconductor, and other Technology, and Industrial
marketplaces.Are you interested in joining a company that truly
values its people and customers?If so, Conax is looking to for
aSenior Buyerto join the Team!When you join Conax, you will be
rewarded with a competitive salary, exceptional benefits, and a
culture that values integrity, commitment, innovative thinking,
customer service, and teamwork.The Sr. Buyer position is a hands-on
position responsible for coordinating purchasing activities and
resources to limit costs and improve accuracy, and customer
service. This includes overall responsibility to -examine our
existing procedures, provide input to streamline activities, and
take initiative to implement approved improvements to meet our
product distribution needs. This position will -e stablish
strategic partnerships and improve supplier relationships. Search
out and pursue cost effective ways to procure quality components
for our existing product lines. -Develop procedures to improve
coordination and communication between purchasing and other
functional areas of the business. -Meet with suppliers to discuss
performance metrics, provide performance feedback, and discuss
production forecasts or changes. Essential Functions
- Blanket purchase order maintenance, placing PO releases for
materials, and delivery confirmation with suppliers.
- Research and qualify new suppliers to grow vendor base.
- Implement engineering changes as well as support new product
- Execute MRP order action/reschedule for assigned area
- Execute Inventory Optimization, using Inventory Optimizer for
- Support production team as required ensuring a continuous flow
of material to support customer requirements. Resolve any line-down
issues including expediting material as needed to ensure a high
level of customer satisfaction.
- Track root causes for on time delivery misses/stock-outs and
suggest and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Communicate and coordinate delivery information with operations
and customer service team.
- Monitor, sustain, and continuously improve kanban system
including planning for spike orders and re-sizing (re-calculate
bins) to meet current demand patterns.
- Coordinate with suppliers and internal production leads to
provide project lead times.
- Initiate, lead, and participate in continuous improvement
through the use of appropriate CBS (Conax Business System) tools,
including IMAG (Inventory Management at Gemba), kaizen, and usage
of leader standard work.
- Drive inventory reduction and cost savings (PPV / VAVE) through
CBS tools and supplier negotiations.
- Negotiate agreements with suppliers to provide continuous
year-over-year improvements in performance, including quality,
delivery, cost, and collaboration, through the implementation of
programs such as Vendor-Managed Inventory.
- Work with receiving/material handling team to optimize material
presentation in cell areas.
- Purchase indirect materials and supplies as needed.
- Active participation in daily huddles.
- Document in the Conax Technologies Wiki.
- Exemplify core values of integrity, commitment, innovative
thinking, customer service, and teamwork. The ideal candidate
should have a bachelor's degree or equivalent education and
experience in Supply Chain Management as well as at least 5 years'
experience in senior buyer role within a similar industry.
Keywords: CONAX TECHNOLOGIES LLC, Buffalo , Senior Buyer, Other , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!