Family Partner I
Company: The Community Action Organization of Western New Y
Location: North Tonawanda
Posted on: January 23, 2023
As a condition of employment, CAO Employees are required to be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination
prior to first day of employment. SUMMARY & ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES of the Family Partner position:Responsible for
linking the Head Start/Early Head Start center, the family, and
related community resources. Does related work as required.
Receives on-the-job training.Subject to the direction of the Center
Director. The person in this position is responsible for
implementation of programs and policies related to child
development, health, family and community partnership.
- -Recruits children and families
- -Interviews to complete enrollment process
- -Assigns children to classrooms.
- -Prepares rosters.
- Record keeping
- Children's files
- Health data tracking system
- Immunization surveys
- Nutrition Assessment
- Parent interest survey form
- Prepare data for computer input; responsible for data entry
- Health summaries, PIR report, Monthly reports, Correspondence
- Health screenings
- growth assessments
- developmental screening
- blood pressure
- vision and hearing (if necessary)
- Makes home visits (at least two per year)
- Maintains contact with and serves as a resource to parents
- Maintains roll books and daily absentee follow up to ensure
that funded enrollment is maintained
- Follows up to ensure that all identified children receive
medical and/or dental treatment.
- Maintains and develops resource network
- Refers and follows up with any community agencies
- Assists with center emergencies (i.e., center closing, sick
- Assists with classroom and other center coverage as needed
- Ensure that Center Parent Committees are established and are
operating throughout the school year
- Coordinates with staff to ensure parent participation in
activities (i.e. classroom, field trips, kitchen, office,
workshops, and meetings)
- Works with staff to assist parents in developing community
- Assist and support parents as they move toward self
- Provides officer training and follow up for parents, community
and other staff
- Work with parents to maintain parent area/office
- Submits Parent Engagement/In Kind monthly reports
- Provides health/mental health education to children, parents
- Attends field trips and provides first aid, if necessary
- Assist staff with children who require medical attention (i.e.
hospital or emergency treatment) when necessary
- Assist with annual program self-assessment
- Participates in center/staff Child/Family Study Team
- Assists in obtaining information for children with suspected
- Remains with children left after school when needed
- Models positive work ethic for parents and staff
- Other duties may be assignedQUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and/or
EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED with three (3) years'
experience; ORBachelor's Degree in Family Service / Social Work
field is preferred with two (2) years' experience.
- Criminal background check, drug screen and a valid driver's
license is required
- Knowledge of child and family health care
- Previous work experience with low income families
- Computer experience required
- Head Start/Early Head Start experience desirable* You must have
basic computer skills in order to be eligible for all positions at
CAONO PHONE CALLS - IF YOU ARE SELECTED YOU WILL BE CONTACTED VIA
ONE OF THE METHODS YOU HAVE PROVIDED PI201785931
Keywords: The Community Action Organization of Western New Y, Buffalo , Family Partner I, Other , North Tonawanda, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!