Seasonal Equipment Operator
Company: CSS Farms
Posted on: November 26, 2022
CSS Farms is a multi-state agricultural business with a mission
of Growing Great Together. We achieve this by leading the way in
stewardship and solutions for every field, every load, every
At CSS Farms we take great pride in doing the job right and believe
our best work is achieved when we work together. Farming is our way
of life, we have a deep passion for the land, our families, and our
communities. We have a legacy rooted in solving hard problems and
tackling new business ventures.
CSS Farms is currently taking applications for Equipment Operators.
These positions are responsible for skillfully operating and
maintaining farm equipment.
This position reports directly to the Equipment Manager.
In this position you will:
- Operate heavy and light equipment including but not limited to
tractors, trucks, pickups, skid steers, loaders, and other
equipment as needed
- Optimize practices and utilize the latest ag technology such as
GPS and precision ag equipment
- Preform preventive maintenance as recommended by company and
- Keep accurate, complete, and timely records of repair work
- Maintain work area, chemical storage area, and equipment in a
condition that promotes good safety practices
- Use and maintain all personal protection equipment recommended
for each work situation
- Exercise respect and professionalism when working with
landowners and other staff
- Take on other tasks and responsibilities as needed
- Walking and working outdoors in the elements
- Ability to bend, squat, twist, and crouch to achieve angle and
positions required to perform various repairs
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Driving between farm sites to move supplies
- Regularly handling objects of up to 65 lbs.
- 2+ years' experience operating and maintaining farm
- Great problem-solving skills and a desire to be in a
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and/or oral
- Ability to maintain accurate, complete, and timely records
- Willingness to work extended hours including weekends and
holidays as required by seasonal nature of the business
- Demonstrated strong work-ethic and exceptional interpersonal
- Previous experience working with potatoes and irrigated crops
is a plus
- Knowledge of crop Agronomics
- Class A CDL
- Proficient bilingual, written and verbal, in Spanish and
English is preferred but not required
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be
required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United
States and to complete the required employment eligibility
verification document form upon hire
Compensation and Benefits
Wage will be based on experience.
CSS Farms is an EOE.
CSS Farms expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment
based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information,
disability, or veteran status Date posted: 10/15/2022
Keywords: CSS Farms, Buffalo , Seasonal Equipment Operator, Other , Bliss, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!