Assistant Residential Supervisor
Posted on: November 25, 2022
US-NY-WarsawCategory Residential Care Mental HealthType Regular
Full-TimeFLSA Status Non-ExemptShift Varied ShiftsDepartment
ResidentialCorporation Name Living Opportunities of DePaul
(LOD)Overview$1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS! Warsaw Treatment Apartment
Program is looking for a passionate mental health professional to
help lead out residential team! Under the direction of the
Residential Supervisor, the Assistant Residential Supervisor
provides care rehabilitation training, support and supervision for
the development and / or enhancement of community living skills to
residents. Provide leadership, supervision, and training related to
medication supervision, policy, systems and standards. Acts as
Program site Supervisor in the absence of the Residential
Supervisor.This full-time position is eligible for the following
benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance,
Life Insurance, Generous PTO & Paid Holidays, 403B Employer
Contribution, Employee Discount Programs, and Staff Recognition
Programs.ResponsibilitiesDirect Service Responsibilities:
- Respects and maintains resident's rights and confidentiality
and demonstrates a positive, caring attitude toward all residents,
staff, guests and service providers.
- Provide teaching, monitoring and recovery oriented supports in
accordance with OMH 593 and 595 including the following
rehabilitative services; Assertiveness / Self-Advocacy Training,
Community Integration / Resource Development, Daily Living Skills,
Health Services, Medication Management Training, Parenting
Training, Rehabilitative Counseling, Skill Development,
Socialization, Substance Abuse Services and Symptom
- Ensure that each resident on his or her caseload receives
comprehensive planning in a person centered approach for; admission
(including the completion of admission notes), ongoing recovery
oriented services and discharge. Ensure that each plan is complete
and up-to-date in accordance with standards of practice and the New
York State Office of Mental Health.
- Observe, monitor, document and report resident behaviors as
well as their progress in accordance with agency standards.=
- Assist Residents in the preparation of nutritious meals,
including food preparation when needed.
- Assist in planning, implementation and support of recreational
- Provide safe transporting of resident when needed.
- Complete household chores assigned by supervisor to maintain
cleanliness and safety standards.
- Supervise and document resident medications in accordance with
- Perform any other duties necessary for the effective and
efficient operation of the community residence.Administrative
- Perform medication coordinator roles and provide leadership,
supervision and training related to medication supervision, policy,
systems and standards.
- Supervise the program in the absence of the Residential
Supervisor, including supervision of resident care, staff, and
- Assist with the interviewing process and make hiring
recommendations to supervisor.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required by supervisor
and work as a member of the residential team for each resident.
Give relevant input for treatment team meetings, staff meetings,
continued stay reviews, and any other relevant meetings.
- Assist the manager with maintaining a positive relationship
with the community, outside service providers, and family members
in an effort to foster community involvement and
- Share in on-call responsibilities of the program as designated
by the Residential Supervisor. QualificationsEducation / Experience
: Preferably a Bachelor's degree in Human Services and at least one
year related experience or a combination of education and
experience that meets QMHS status as defined by The Office of
Mental Health (OMH).Other : Driving record that meets agency's
Clean Driving Record Policy.Work EnvironmentThe DePaul Wyoming
County Apartment Treatment Program provides consumers with the
highest level of independence in a program licensed by the New York
State Office of Mental Health. The program is designed to be a
preparatory step before the consumer begins to live independently
within the community. An emphasis is placed on increasing personal
initiative and self-reliance. Staff make routine visits and are
available 24-hours a day in case of an emergency.This position is
Tuesday-Saturday wth the following schedule:
- Tuesday 3:00pm-11:00pm
- Thursday - 11:00am-7:00pm
- Friday - 7:00am-3:00pm
- Saturday - 7:00am-3:00pmPM18
Keywords: DePaul, Buffalo , Assistant Residential Supervisor, Other , Warsaw, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!