Company: Elderwood at Lancaster
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Overview:Elderwood at Lancaster is seeking a full time Activity
An active social life is an essential aspect of life at Elderwood.
Our activities leaders conduct enjoyable recreation programs that
keep residents energized, engaged and mentally stimulated.
Shift: 9a-5p or 12p-8p; every other weekend requirementJoin Our
Team: Put the CARE back in CAREER - Join our team today! Employee
Perks!: 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Friendly and
supportive staff, Truly make a difference in our residents' lives
while providing top notch care Responsibilities:
- Assists the Director Activities in planning and carrying out
the activity program.
- Approaches residents on assigned unit to plan individual
recreational and social activities; reports to Director Activities
about response and cooperation of resident.
- Prepares resident information for use by the Director
Activities in care planning and documentation; writes progress
notes as assigned.
- Assists in developing and maintaining good contact with
community resources for the betterment of the activities
- Responsible for maintaining departmental inventory of equipment
- Maintains attendance records and prepares other reports as
- Minimum 18 yrs. age required, HS diploma or equivalent
- Valid New York Driver's License and clean driving record
- Ability to develop good relationships with staff, volunteers,
families and visitors required.
- Ability to inspire and motivate others, create a warm and
accepting climate for residents and be able to adapt and modify
activities to meet their needs required.
- Understanding of the rights and needs of residents
- Physical stamina for constant activity required.
- Must be willing to complete TNA-CNA (Nurse Aide Training), or
must already hold an active CNA certification.
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated
against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof
of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from
vaccination.EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are
evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race,
color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information,
military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or
any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status
unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Keywords: Elderwood at Lancaster, Buffalo , Activity Leader, Other , Lancaster, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!