Posted on: September 23, 2022
Elderwood at Lancaster is seeking a part time Laundry Aide to
join our Environmental Services Team! Position Overview:
- Laundry team members assist with ensuring the health and
well-being of our residents by providing laundry support. This
position is responsible for caring for facility linens and personal
clothing of residents in a variety of ways including collecting,
laundering, folding and returning the fresh, clean linens/clothing
to the designated locations.Shift: 12p-8pMake a difference in the
lives of others. Join our team today!Clean, Neat & Newly Renovated
Facility, Close to thruway entrances/exits, Free On-Site Parking,
Friendly and supportive staff, NEW Weekly Pay Schedule!,
Point-earning employee reward program: redeem for prizes!, Uniform
- Consistently demonstrates the Elderwood iCARE Values.
- Sorts soiled linen or clothes into appropriate categories
according to type, soiling, fabric and color.
- Labels residents clothing and retains records of personal
possesions of each resident.
- Assists in locating missing articles of clothing.
- Loads washing machines, selects wash cycle, adds soaps,
detergents, and bleaches.
- Transfers washed linen or clothes into dryers and start
- Sorts dry linen, and folds and prepares for delivery to
designated areas within the facility.
- Prepares for delivery, and distributes personal garments of
- Removes lint and dust from machines, and keeps laundry area
clean on a daily basis.
- Practices good infection control measures in the processing of
laundry items and in personal habits.
- Handles responsibility for keeping compounds and hazardous
substances properly stored.
- Assists with studies of new products or laundry methods when
- Arrives to work on time, and works as scheduled; responsible
for own transportation.
- Observes and practices confidentiality of resident information
and privacy when performing job duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, management
staff or Administrator.
- Minimum 18 yrs. age required, HS diploma or equivalent
- Position-related experience preferred but not required.
- An interest in the laundry operation necessary.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Respect for residents privacy and rights; respectful and
dignified treatment of residents required.Elderwood expects all
current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If
hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.WE ARE
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are
considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental
or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status,
sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal,
State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the
work involved.Requisition ID: 2022-20970 Shift: 12p-8p Street: 1818
Como Park Boulevard
Keywords: Elderwood/Pediatric/PostAcute/Woodmark, Buffalo , Laundry Aide, Other , Lancaster, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!