Medication Coordinator 1
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Category Residential Care Mental Health
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Shift Varied Shifts
Corporation Name Living Opportunities of DePaul (LOD)
$1,000 Sign On Bonus! The DePaul Apple Blossom Apartment Treatment
Program is looking for a full-time Medication Coordinator to join
This full-time position is eligible for the following benefits:
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life
Insurance, Generous PTO & Paid Holidays, 403B, Employee Recognition
Program, Employee Discount Programs, Free Parking and staff
Recognition Programs. This position pays $18/hour!
- Provides leadership for medication related systems, adherence
to DePaul Policy, Training and Standards.
- Process all incoming client medications. This includes checking
labels for accuracy, completing proper documentation and storing
medications as per DePaul's standards and NYS Office of Mental
- Process incoming prescriptions, medication or treatment orders
and updates client charts as well as the Medication Administration
Record (MAR) when new medications or change orders are
- Inventories all medication (pill, liquid, inhaler, and creams)
and required supplies (BGL test strips, alcohol swabs) weekly to
identify medications that need to be ordered.
- Ensures that prescriptions are refilled as needed. Request
standing order prescriptions as needed.
- Tracks and oversees the medication ordering, supply and ensure
medications are on site without interruptions of medication
- Acts as a liaison with resident, doctors, pharmacies, providers
and residential staff as necessary to ensure timely and accurate
ordering of medications and appointment scheduling as
- Oversees the supervision of all residents' medications in
accordance with physician's orders, DePaul's Policy and NYS Office
of Mental Health regulations.
- Monitors the medication related documentation weekly for
accuracy and completeness. Address areas of need with Site
- Reports significant issues regarding client medications to the
Residential Supervisor (i.e. missed doses of medications, resident
refusals, adverse reactions, etc.).
- Responsible for overseeing the monitoring and documentation of
all residents involved in the self-medication process.
- Respects and maintains resident confidentiality and
demonstrates a caring, positive attitude towards all residents,
family members, staff, guests and service providers.
- Performs any other duties necessary for the effective
operations of the program, and the medication room in
Education & Experience: High School Diploma required. Advanced
educational degree preferred. One-year experience working with
people with mental illness preferred. Demonstrated prior medication
management experience required. Excellent organizational and
communication skills with experience interfacing with medical
personnel and adherence to protocols.
* In addition to the above criteria this position also requires a
clean NYS driving record as outlined in DePaul's personnel
Keywords: DePaul, Buffalo , Medication Coordinator 1, Other , Depew, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!