Company: DIMAR MANUFACTURING
Posted on: August 8, 2022
The Machine Operator sets up and operates a variety of equipment to
machine metallic parts/products according to specifications and
tooling instructions. Performs a variety of operations in the
machine shop such as operating metal fabricating/finishing
equipment to cut, bend, form and/or finish metal parts by
determining machine adjustments and material requirements.
Machine Operator Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate machines, such as engine and turret lathes,
cutters, shears, mill machine, grinders, presses, drills, and
auxiliary machines to produce parts to specifications.
- Read job folders or blueprints to determine product
specifications, materials needed, and tooling instructions.
- Machine operators will Inspect workpieces for defects, and
measure workpieces to determine accuracy to maintain quality
requirements using rules, templates, micrometers, or measuring
- Position, adjust, and secure stock material or workpieces
against stops, on arbors, or in chucks, fixtures, or automatic
feeding mechanisms, manually or using supports.
- Maintains accurate count of parts; attaches labels or tags to
processed material identifying customer, part number, and quantity
using shop order information.
- Performs all job functions to meet acceptable quality and
performance standards.Machine Operator Knowledge, Skills, and
- Advanced knowledge of machines and tools including drilling and
tapping, their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of raw materials including cast iron, stainless
steel, aluminum, and roll steel (HRS), as well as production
processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the
effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Able to position and manipulate parts with the hands
demonstrating manual dexterity.
- Ability to use edge finders, protractors, calipers.
- Advanced math skills including converting decimals to
- Able to follow directions and perform repetitive tasks.Machine
Operator Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience or training in a
machine shop.Equivalent combination of education and experience
Keywords: DIMAR MANUFACTURING, Buffalo , Machine Operator, Other , Clarence, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!