Data Solution Architect Lead
Company: M&T Bank
Posted on: August 8, 2022
This role offers a hybrid work schedule; offering the
flexibility to work remotely two days a week, while providing the
opportunity for in-person collaboration. This position is available
in Buffalo, NY or Wilmington, DE About the Team Our team is on a
mission of unleashing the power of data to support decision making.
Our team builds enduring data products, provides platforms to
access & derive insights from data, enables confidence in decision
making with appropriate data governance, delivers actionable
insights through use of data science and activates value for the
business by innovatively solving problems with data. We love
translating data, insights, and anecdotes into action, we operate
with a sense of urgency, have a startup mentality, build data
analytic products at scale, and innovate solutions on behalf of our
customers. We work hard but value the need for downtime to unplug
and recharge. We embrace our differences and view them as a key
driver of innovation. We are Data@M&T OVERVIEW: Develops and
maintains integration/solution architecture designs and sets
enterprise standards. Provides guidance for projects and/or domains
that support the most efficient, reliable, scalable, and secure
solutions focused on integrating data from disparate systems to
meet the business needs and technology strategy. Plans, evaluates,
recommends, and designs solutions to ensure technology projects are
cost-effective, compliant with enterprise policies and corporate
technology standards and aligns with business and technology
strategies. Works with senior management to set the technology
direction for Data. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own the technical design and data integration for high
complexity data projects involving multiple technologies that span
various domains up to enterprise wide.
- Manage and produce the design artifacts that account for
different data frequencies and ensure Service Level Agreements
(SLA) are documented and accounted for in the design.
- Identify strategy gaps in existing solutions and work with team
members and senior management to develop plan to rectify gaps in a
- Work with senior management to set the technology direction for
- Ensure designs are cloud ready and portable with minimum rework
by documenting any transition state architecture and incorporating
multi cloud components.
- Define reference data architecture, and work with agile teams
to ensure the documented best practices are used in data platform
development and addressing identified training gaps.
- Establish non-functional standards in designs; design,
refactor, optimize, and establish interaction of multiple flexible
frameworks to maximize reusability across value chain capabilities
to streamline efficiencies.
- Work with agile team leadership, technology leads and senior
management in release train discussions to determine key
dependencies for stories and align solutions to add business value
across multiple domains or enterprise wide.
- Drive technology request for proposal (RFP) processes for
strategic technology purchases and direction shifts.
- Develop data architecture standards to ensure consistency
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory
standards, policies, and controls in accordance with the Company's
Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to
- Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the
M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely
implementation of internal and external audit points together with
any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Number of Staff: 5-8 MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 7 years related experience,
or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 11 years higher
education and/ or work experience, including a minimum of 7 years
- Minimum of 2 years managerial, supervisory and/or work
- Experience with leading an initiative that spans across
multiple technology practices and business verticals
- Experience creating componentized scalable designs
- Experience in driving the design, refactor and optimization of
- Experience with multiple programming languages and tools and
how they integrate
- Experience in containerization technologies
- Experience implementing scalable designs on at least one
mainstream cloud provider platform
- Experience implementing data architecture and integration
concepts IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
- Minimum of 5 years' data solution architect experience
- Experience implementing initiatives that have impact enterprise
- The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF), Cloud Solution
Architecture on Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Google
Cloud Platform (GCP) Certification
- Experience in pertinent data modeling platforms
- Experience with multiple Not Only Structured Query Language
- Experience with data lake and data warehousing design
- Experience with real time data processing and high-volume low
latency systems Hiring Immediately. We support our team members
with generous benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, welfare, and retirement benefits
- 401(k) match at 5%
- Work-life balance and flexible work arrangements
- Start with 25 days PTO plus 12 paid holidays About M&T At
M&T Tech , we're a team of makers, doers, and builders, working
to create the most advanced technology solutions in banking. We're
not your stereotypical suit and tie bankers: we're an innovative
team of leading tech experts, pushing boundaries, and taking risks.
We're building an agile team of the most skilled and creative
workers to solve complex problems, architect solutions, write
high-performance software, and chart our new path, all to make the
lives of our customers, and the communities that we serve, better.
Join us and be part of something new as we build tomorrow's bank,
today. M&T Bank is a Top 20 US bank holding company and one of
the best performing and financial stable regional banks in the
country, we offer our technology employees a wide range of
performance-based career development opportunities. We have a
strong commitment to our customers and the communities we serve,
and we continue to grow with a focus on the future. So, when
looking to advance your career, look to M&T. Grow with us #data
#dataarchitect #solutionarchitect #design #integration #analytics
#cloudready #MTBTechHub Location
Buffalo, New York, United States of America
Keywords: M&T Bank, Buffalo , Data Solution Architect Lead, Other , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!