Operator - Distributor Truck
Company: Glenn O. Hawbaker, Inc.
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Safely operate the unit placing a uniform application of tack coat
or emulsion oils at the prescribed yield (gallons per square yard)
utilizing spray bar or hand wand as directed by the Foreman.
Perform 100 foot test pattern to verify application rate. Perform
manual labor to assist paving/chipping operations as needed. This
hourly, non-exempt position will work with direct and indirect
* Perform machine walk-around inspection daily checking fluid
levels, hoses, valves, tires, spray bar, tank, burners, placards,
exhaust chimney and wear components to verify machine is capable of
performing safely and productively.
* Report any deficiencies to Foreman via squawk sheets.
* Perform pre-shift and post-shift component check to verify all
systems are functioning properly.
* Perform daily inventory check on product used, providing slip on
gallons shot and available inventory left to the Foreman.
* Verify L.P. gas used/available to ensure adequate levels to heat
* Perform post-shift clean-up removing product out of spray bar and
* At the direction of the Foreman, operate unit per manufacturer's
recommendation paying special attention to the traveling public,
construction workers and other equipment or obstacles that may be
in alignment with unit, this is especially critical when applying
material in reverse.
* Safely operate equipment in and among live traffic.
* Perform end-of-shift reviews of all tanks containing oils, fuels,
and water to verify valves are shut off and locked and there are no
* Stage vehicle in bright, illuminated or occupied location to
prevent vandalism or theft and away from creeks, streams or storm
sewer to minimize environmental damage if a leak or spill would
* Adhere to and enforce paving safety rules.
* Perform laboring assignments on crew when distributor truck
duties are complete or not required.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional
hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally
* Travel and arrive for starting time at various jobsite
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
* Heavy trucks.
* Mechanical concepts.
* Learn and follow GOH Company policies and procedures.
* Must have a valid driver's license for the state in which you
reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards
* Prefer a valid Class B Commercial Driver's License with tank and
* Must successfully complete PennDOT Flagger Training Course.
* Prefer high school diploma or equivalent.
* Previous paving and heavy truck driving experience preferred.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds consistently.
* Ability to work with minimal amount of light on night shift
* Ability to work in field environment with exposure to dust,
inclement weather conditions, extreme heat, noise, and a variety of
* Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
* Ability to physically climb on and off equipment safely.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a current Medical Examiner's
Certificate as stated in 49 CFR 391.43(h).
The specific statements shown in each section of this description
are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical
elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job
Keywords: Glenn O. Hawbaker, Inc., Buffalo , Operator - Distributor Truck, Other , Turtlepoint, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!