Company: General Motors
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Job Description Production Team Members are hardworking and
ambitious workers who are responsible for assembly, machining,
quality checks, tool changes, and problem solving of manufacturing
processes and equipment. Team members are also functioning in a
manufacturing team environment where Global Manufacturing System
(GMS) principles are highly integrated.
- Understand, support and execute all work in safe manner and
supply to a culture that promotes safety as its overriding
- Perform bench, floor or conveyor assembly work, usually of
short cycle duration, and involving standardized work elements.
Must be able to comprehend and follow written work instructions.
Work may involve using hand positioning, assist devices such as
hoists, and power tools or other equipment.
- First responder support of production machining and/or assembly
environment. This entails use of computerized equipment and
activities to include machine resets, quality and utilizing
standardized work instructions.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and perform tasks on all equipment in
- Perform predictive, preventive and reactive maintenance
- Must be able to work in a dynamic and fast paced
- Report for work on time to support production startup and
- Possess good physical stamina and coordination. Could be
required to stand and/or walk for long periods daily while
frequently bending, twisting, reaching and periodically lifting up
to 40 lbs. Additional Job Description Work requirements include:
- These are temporary positions working as a direct employee of
- Current openings are Full Time positions.
- Candidates must be willing and able to work any shift.
- Overtime hours are common and may be available with little
- Production Saturdays may be required as part of a typical
- Starting wage is $16.67 per hour. Holiday pay and health care
options after 90 days. Interested individuals must meet the
following minimum qualifications:
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors
hiring process requirements which include comprehensive
assessments, hair drug testing, and a background check.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day,
afternoon, or night shift as well as overtime hours on those shifts
with little notice. Diversity Information General Motors is
committed to being a workplace that is not only free of
discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and
belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an
environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better
products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety
through which people gain experiences whether through professional,
personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to
be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage interested
candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications
and apply for any positions that match your skills and
capabilities. Equal Employment Opportunity Statements The policy of
General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants
and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age,
race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to
all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you
need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or
application for employment, email us at or call us at . In your
email, please include a description of the specific accommodation
you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number
of the position for which you are applying.
Keywords: General Motors, Buffalo , Assembly worker, Other , Lockport, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!