Utility Clerk (Part-Time)
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our
home office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. We're
committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members,
helping them save every day on everything they need for their
family and home. BJ's Wholesale Club offers a collaborative,
team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow
and excel. -Job SummaryResponsible for performing general
maintenance and cleaning duties and maintaining high standards of
safety and sanitation for members and team members. Gathers and
returns carts/flatbeds from the parking lot to the club entrance to
ensure ready access for club members. -
- Carry out job functions and responsibilities as assigned.
Support the application of club policies, procedures and
- We strive for flawless execution and hold ourselves
accountable. - - -
- Acts with honesty and integrity and lead with the member in
mind to address any and all concerns and to escalate any concerns,
as appropriate. -
- Ensure a safe and positive environment for our members and each
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with
collaboration and respect. Work as a team to achieve goals.
- Move with speed and agility in everything we do.
- Innovate and adapt so we can move as fast as the world around
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude.Members:
- Deliver service excellence through all points of contact. -
- Resolve and deescalate to address every member concern.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the
- Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
- Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
- Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, CleanClub Standards: Work as a team
to deliver GOLD club standards daily.
- Work with commitment and pride to deliver GOLD- Grand opening
- All items stocked and promotional plans executed
- Maintain visible accurate signage
- Clean and organized, inside and outKnow your Business:
- Understand how to access and read production and/or financial
performance reporting for your department.
- See the connection between consistent execution and the
positive impact it can have on the business.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides members with prompt and courteous service and
assistance. - Maintains high standards of safety and sanitation for
members and team members.
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of all areas of the
club including the sales floor, offices, restrooms and the outdoor
grounds and parking lot.
- Gathers and returns carts and flatbeds from the parking lot to
the club entrance. Removes any trash or debris from the parking
lot, cart corrals, and exterior of the club.
- Ensures that carts are well-stocked at the club entrance.
- Verifies that all carts are in working order and clean. Removes
carts that are not suitable for use.
- Returns new and unused merchandise to the sales floor.
- Performs maintenance and cleaning duties including wet and dry
mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, carpet extracting, washing glass,
emptying trash receptacles and pulling pallets.
- Maintains outdoor grounds of club property including cart
corrals, sidewalks and outdoor trash receptacles.
- Prioritizes maintenance and cleaning responsibilities across
the club in an efficient manner.
- Operates the floor scrubber, trash compactor and cardboard
baler machines in a safe and efficient manner following established
- Restocks maintenance / cleaning supplies and ensures supply
areas on the receiving dock and maintenance closets are clean, neat
- Performs minor and routine building repairs and notifies
management when major repairs may be required.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of this job.
- Must successfully complete required training and certification
- Prior maintenance or janitorial experience preferred, but not
- Prior retail/wholesale experience preferred.
- May be less than 18 years of age to perform parking lot cart
functions. Must be over 18 to operate equipment and enter age
restricted areas. - - -
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about on hard surfaces. May
frequently require bending, climbing, crawling, pulling, reaching,
stooping and climbing ladders/step stools. -
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than
30 pounds with assistance. Requires using a pallet jack to pull and
- Frequent exposure to company authorized cleaning agents.
- Occasional exposure to paint and company authorized
- Exposure to both indoor and outdoor temperatures, as well as
occasional exposure to extreme temperatures in freezers and
- Frequently works both indoors and outdoors with regular
exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Buffalo , Utility Clerk (Part-Time), Other , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!