Diesel Mechanic serving Buffalo Public Schools- First Group
Company: First Group
Posted on: August 4, 2022
First Student is now hiring a Diesel Mechanic for our shop
serving Buffalo Public Schools!We're offering a $3,000 sign-on
bonus* First things First: Who are we? Twice the size of our next
largest competitor, First Student is the leading school
transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we
complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than
all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers
and the industry s strongest safety record, First Student delivers
reliable, quality services to 1,100 school districts. Why join
First as a Diesel Mechanic?
- $27.89 per hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday 9:30 am - 6:00 pm full-time shift schedule and
consistent, year-round work
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program!About the Diesel Mechanic PositionAs a Diesel Mechanic
with First Student, you will help maintain and repair school buses
to ensure vehicle readiness & safety. Other major job duties
- Assist with preventive maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, & transmissions.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services.Diesel Mechanic
- Must be able to obtain a CDL B with passenger and airbrake
endorsements within 6 (six) months of hire. We Train!
- At least 1 year of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanic s tool set
- Willingness to participate in the ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses are provided!
- Subject to a drug test.Get your career on the road with First
Student! *Conditions apply. The offer expires 8/31/2022 We aspire
to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract
and retain a diverse workforce; therefore all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
Keywords: First Group, Buffalo , Diesel Mechanic serving Buffalo Public Schools- First Group, Other , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!