Posted on: August 4, 2022
Heritage Manor Senior Living Community is looking for part-time
caregivers to join our team! A a Universal Aide, you will provide
direct personal care and assistance to residents as needed. PCA's,
CNA's, and HHA's are encouraged to apply! Responsibilities Giving
proper, prompt efficient assistance to residents with supervisor's
guidance according to approved methods. Care and economical use of
supplies and equipment. Cooperation with other departments and
personnel. Observing no tipping policy and protecting the
confidentiality of all residents. Reporting on duty and punching
own timecard. Remain on duty until relieved for proper resident
safety and care. Using a call sheet to arrange coverage immediately
upon answering an employee "Call In". Treats each resident with the
proper respect not using obscene talk. Duties:
- Reports to Personal Care Station at beginning of shift to
relieve staff going off duty and check's schedule for the
resident's need for the shift.
- Help all residents to meals at proper times in proper
- Assist residents with bathing as scheduled. Make sure all
residents are properly clothed at all times.
- Give daily personal care as required including shaving males
when need if they are unable to do so for themselves.
- Shampooing or other hair care as needed.
- Assists with diets by preparing residents, assisting with
transport to dining room, watching food intake and reporting any
problems to supervisor.
- Serves dining room beverages, assists cutting food, opening
packets, etc. Carries trays to temporarily confined residents.
Return trays to the kitchen when residents complete meals.
- Perform services such as reading or writing letters, operating
televisions, assisting with recreational programs if so
- Help residents with medications as need with the supervision of
the Personal Care Director.
- Assist visitors in a polite manner.
- Assists with admission, inner-facility relocations, facility
transfers and resident discharges.
- May accompany residents to appointments outside the facility
when assigned by supervisor.
- Assures safety of all residents by sing safety devises and
- Assures comfort of residents with regard to temperature
- Uses good health practices at all times.
- Regularly and immediately writes incident/ accident reports for
any unusual occurrences.
- Observe residents and reports to Personal Care Director any
physical conditions, attitudes, reactions, appetites, etc. that may
be indicative of a problem or illness situation.
- Chart or record appropriate assignments such as weights,
- May perform clerical duties at Personal Care Director's
- Answers telephone in a professional manner.
- Performs cleaning duties not usually done by housekeeping, if
directed by the supervisor.
- Gives and receives shift reports at change of shifts.
- Promptly responds to emergency call bells in resident's room.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- CNA, HHA or PCA certification preferred.
- One-year work experience in a care-giving field desired.
- Must be dependable, hardworking, and willing to work as part of
- Must have the required references and criminal record
- Must have annual TB screening and Health Assessment
- Must be at least 18 years of age. PERSONNEL
- Ability to read, write, speak clearly, and follow written and
- Must be willing and able to make decisions independently and to
seek guidance from supervisor when appropriate.
- Is understanding of resident needs. Work Environment Works
inside well lighted and ventilated rooms and halls. Is exposed to
peculiarities in behavior and reactions of residents, odors, and
possible infection. Assists with emergencies and control of unruly
Keywords: DePaul, Buffalo , Universal Aide, Other , Lockport, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!