Commercial Credit Team Lead II - Underwriting (Specialty - Leverage/ABL/Corporate & Institutional)
Company: M&T Bank
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Location: Within the M&T Bank footprintOverview:Responsible
for the quality and efficiency of the underwriting of commercial
loan analyses of an Underwriting team. Interact on a daily basis
with senior management of the First and Second Lines of Defense
regarding the underwriting of major commercial loan
- Lead team that partners proactively with the sales and
portfolio management teams and is intimately involved throughout
the deal process, from deal screen through approval, making
recommendations on appropriate credit structures, risk ratings,
etc. Provide an independent credit quality assessment of the Bank's
largest commercial clients identifying credit risks and mitigants,
industry concerns, market trends, financial trends, and other
pertinent credit issues. These assessments include initial analyses
of new money and material modifications
- Responsible for the day-to-day activities of a team of
Underwriters to include the quality and efficiency of the
underwriting of commercial loan analyses.
- Maintain the quality of analyses produced, based on a program
of mentoring the analysts and portfolio managers and reviewing
final work prior to submission to appropriate credit
- May underwrite or provide guidance on more complex credit
- Serve as the point person for assigning new customer
relationships, supports team in prioritizing work, and monitors
workflow to ensure adequate team coverage.
- Meet with clients when appropriate.
- Support various regions in terms of credit analysis functions
for new money and material modifications.
- Evaluate and determine the credit risks of commercial clients
through detailed financial statement analysis, industry assessment,
collateral valuation, cash flow analysis and the ability to repay
annual debt service.
- Provides ongoing training to the team.
- Maintain work logs and prepare monthly productivity reports for
management, and other reports, as needed.
- Resolve any policy and procedure, accounting or credit issues
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of accounting pronouncements and
the effect on Bank credits.
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing,
performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations,
performance management and terminations.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory
standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's
- Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to
mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify risk-related issues
needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the
M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely
implementation of internal and external audit points together with
any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.Scope of
Responsibilities:Ensure that underwriting supports the Regional
Credit Officers and various Loan Committees in making timely and
informative decisions on credit requests for both new and existing
customers, within Bank lending parameters.Trains credit analysts a
to build bench strength within the department. .Position interacts
on an ongoing basis with senior management both in First and Second
lines of defense.Supervisory/ Managerial
Responsibilities:Supervises and mentors a team (up to 10) of
commercial credit underwriters.Education and Experience
Required:Bachelors' degree in Accounting, Finance, or related
discipline with 8 years' related experience with three years' work
leadership/supervisory experience or in lieu of degree a combined
minimum of 12 years' higher education and work experience to
include a minimum 8 years' related experience with three years work
leadership/supervisory experience.LocationBuffalo, New York, United
States of America
Keywords: M&T Bank, Buffalo , Commercial Credit Team Lead II - Underwriting (Specialty - Leverage/ABL/Corporate & Institutional), Other , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!