Care Coordinator Intern
Company: PERSON CENTERED SERVICES
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Internships are available throughout our service areas in
Western New York and can be completed in a Hybrid work
The Care Coordinator intern will learn the overall operations of
Care Coordination including the responsibility and accountability
for coordinating all aspects of the individual's care. This
includes health and behavioral healthcare, community supports, and
other services required to meet the needs of the individual.
Additionally, the intern will learn about how to take a holistic
approach to care by learning the core standards of service:
Comprehensive Care Management
- Care Coordination and Health Promotion
- Comprehensive Transitional Care
- Individual and Family Support
- Referral to Community and Social Support Services
- Use of Health Information Technology (HIT) to Link ServicesThe
overall goal is to provide the intern work experience as a Care
Coordinator, as they pursue their career in health and human
Shadows Care Coordinators to learn their day-to-day
Shadow a Care Coordinator in completing required assessments using
person centered planning techniques, as well as gathers and
incorporates all other relevant assessments.
- Shadow a Care Coordinator in developing a comprehensive,
person-centered Life Plan with the individual and their circle of
support, as well as their entire service provider team.
- Experience through shadowing supporting the individual in the
planning process to ensure that the individual directs the process
to the maximum extent possible and can make informed decisions and
- Shadow the review of a Life Plan with the individual's entire
- Learn about the incident process and have an opportunity to
shadow this process.The intern will complete the following tasks:
Complete required training.
- Contact individuals to assist in the completion of applications
(food stamps, housing, etc.) and put packets together.
- Research available services, reach out to point of contact at
these services for more information, and complete applications and
documentation requirements to refer the individual to the
- Review documentation in the file, ensure it is all present,
upload documents as necessary, report missing documents to
- Review documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Accompany Care Coordinator on visits to the individual's home
and other meetings when appropriate. #IND1
Keywords: PERSON CENTERED SERVICES, Buffalo , Care Coordinator Intern, Other , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!