Junior RF Systems Engineer
Company: VOCAL Technologies - VOCAL.com
Posted on: January 15, 2022
VOCAL is in search of an RF engineer to implement solutions for
various wireless technologies including cellular, RF, and WiFi.
Engineer will be joining a team responsible for designing,
developing, coding, and testing solutions through productization.
The ideal candidate has industry experience achieving real-time
embedded fixed point solutions.
Competitive candidates will have
- Completed or be pursuing a PhD in a field related to RF/Digital
- Embedded programming experience
- Solid understanding of RF hardware and system design including
system-level grounding, shielding, isolation and electromagnetic
- Comprehension of RF link budget, Rx gain line-up, Rx AGC
operation and optimization techniques for different jammer
- Understanding of RF component characteristics and have
experience using lab equipment including spectrum analyzer, network
analyzer, signal generator, oscilloscope, and/or packet
- Ability to perform hands-on disassembly and make experimental
modifications to intricate hardware is a plus.
- Knowledge on co-existence mitigation scheme, MAC/PHY and
throughput performance, and programming/scripting skills (i.e.
Python, MATLAB) is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills required, both written &
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally, up to
- Designing fast and efficient DSP algorithms for implementation
on embedded processors.
- Analyzing the performance impact of algorithms by estimating
the processing resources such as MIPS, ROM and RAM.
- Coordinating software and hardware development activities with
other engineers such as prototyping and tuning algorithms.
- Testing performance.
- Research on new technologies and how they can be incorporated
into VOCAL's custom products for improvement.
About VOCAL Technologies LTDVOCAL Technologies is a design house
dedicated to providing innovative solutions to our customers
VOCAL has over 34 years of expertise in telecommunications
engineering for the industrial, commercial and military/DoD markets
with comprehensive product designs, system integration, and
software and hardware engineering. Recent products and technologies
include beamforming, cloud based communications systems, video
surveillance, voice and data RF devices, secure government devices,
lawful interception software, ATAs, VoIP clients and servers,
medical devices, radios, embedded modems, T.38 fax, FoIP, MoIP, and
RASoIP. Custom engineering designs range from turn-key solutions to
complete designs including hardware, software and integration into
Keywords: VOCAL Technologies - VOCAL.com, Buffalo , Junior RF Systems Engineer, Other , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!