Automation/Process Control Specialist
Company: Allied Reliability
Posted on: November 22, 2021
OverviewThe Automation/Process Controls Specialist is a core
member of the maintenance & engineering--team and you will be
expected to execute and provide technical support in the
programming, installation, repair, maintenance, and adjustment of
industrial controls and instrumentation up to and including
programmable logic controllers (PLCs). You will also support the
production of safe, high quality products and team member
- Participates in planning, development and implementation of
in-house and capital projects to include facility, automation and
- Complies with all safety (OSHA), GMP---s, 3A standards, FDA,
SQF, New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets, EPA and
DEC regulations in the design, installation and maintenance of
- Develops logic, writes, debugs, and updates programs for
programmable logic controllers (PLC).
- Maintains and updates documentation for programmable logic
- Inspects instruments periodically and makes calibration
adjustments to insure functioning within specified standards.
Maintains calibration records for all instruments.
- Troubleshoot malfunctioning control equipment at the component
level. Examines and tests mechanism and circuitry for defects.
- Troubleshoots equipment in or out of control system and
replaces/repairs defective parts.
- Assesses equipment condition, develops list of replacement
parts and performs rebuilds.
- Adjusts and repairs final control mechanism, such as
automatically controlled valves and positioners (CIP systems and
- Performs preventative maintenance to minimize unplanned
downtime, noting conditions that require further attention.
- Membership in Emergency Response team and the PSM/RMP
- Assist the Maintenance Engineering Manager in constructing the
annual department---s budget.
- Execute all purchase orders within the engineering
- Associates Degree in Engineering Technology or verifiable
- Solid knowledge of Process Controls --- PCP---s SPC, PLC,
Automation and SCADA Instrumentation.
- Minimum three years industrial electrical/electronic
- Proficiency with mechanics/electricians hand tools, electrical
schematics and process flow diagrams.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good computer skills (Microsoft office suite)
- Proven project management skills.
- Solid knowledge of Safety programs and OSHA requirements.
- Proven decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Food Manufacturing and/or dairy experience preferred.
- Experience with Thermal Processing --- heat transfer, thermal
dynamics a plus.
- Experience in PLC programming a plus.
Keywords: Allied Reliability, Buffalo , Automation/Process Control Specialist, Other , Akron, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!