The First Student Training Center Manager manages driver hiring
and training program. Trains drivers, driver instructors and/or
other location employees with respect to driver hiring, safety and
regulatory compliance. Also hires and manages classroom
instructors. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local
regulations and company policy.
* Manages day to day operations in the Training Center which
includes but is not limited to application processing, interviews,
maintaining files, monitoring compliance. Supervises the employees
who perform these functions.
* Manages BTW training for multiple sites and all Classroom
instruction. Ensures all instruction is kept updated with policy
and curriculum changes.
* File management for multiple sites; along with the data entry
into 2 programs: DMO and E-Branch. Ensures all locations are
compliant with the above.
* May have other safety program responsibilities such as
accident investigation, forms compliance, safety meetings,
passenger management, analysis and reporting.
* Review and approve new applicants for hire, and process all
hiring for multiple locations. Assists at other locations with
training or file maintenance.
* Other duties as assigned.
* 2-3 years transportation, safety or related experience
* 1-3 years training experience
* Previous supervisory experience
* Knowledge of Fed and State rules/regs regarding safety and
* Computer literacy - independently capable in Word, Excel,
Power Point and Outlook
* Able to effectively prioritize tasks and efficiently manage
* Strong verbal, written, and relational communication skills.
Can effectively interact with wide variety of people - employees,
customers, union representatives, senior management and the public
whether by phone, email, in person, or fax.
* Fluent in English
* Possesses working vehicle in order to move among various
locations or to go to accident investigation sites
* Must be able to freely move about the office or bus parking
lot and use a variety of office equipment
* Excellent eye for detail and comfortable in a fast paced,
* Previous experience maintaining employee files a positive
High School Diploma or Equivalent required
Some college preferred
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance