Company: Delaware North Companies
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Delaware North is searching for a Corporate Counsel to join our
in-house Legal team providing support to Senior Counsel. In this
in-house role, you will complete assigned projects and legal work
independently, seeking input from Senior Counsel where appropriate.
Our Senior Counsel will confidently delegate work to you and you'll
use your combined skills in corporate law and sound business acumen
to support their work and receive high level review and guidance in
return. This is an exciting opportunity to join a talented team of
legal professionals who make a valuable impact to Delaware
- Works with unit management, functional management, and subject
matter experts by providing legal advice and service through skills
in corporate law coupled with sound business acumen.
- Spots issues, sees risks, and develops strategies to add value
while mitigating risk.
- Completes assigned projects and legal work independently,
seeking input from senior attorneys where appropriate.
- Follows standards and processes outlined by the organization
and legal department to maintain budget and expense
- Work product and ability to influence internal clients
contributes to ensure compliance with laws, policies, and
- Conducts legal research on multiple legal topics for a diverse
set of businesses.
- Serves as a role model for junior attorneys and contributes to
effective collaboration within the team to drive outstanding client
- Drives common understanding of business processes and
expectations to ensure success.
- Functions effectively as an individual contributor and in a
team environment. Clarifies a common understanding of business
processes and expectations to ensure success.
- Serves as a trusted colleagues able to support decision making
and sustainability of legal policy and regulatory decisions.
- Collaborates with legal and business associates to assure high
quality work product.
- Law degree from an accredited law school.
- Admission to NY Bar preferred with a minimum of 5 years'
corporate commercial legal experience as in-house counsel or large
law firm environment.
- Intellectual curiosity, skilled at creative problem solving,
and able to analyze complex situations and data and understand next
steps, risks, and impacts.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage
schedules and priorities effectively.
- Collaborative and team oriented.
- Excellent understanding of basic business and personal
computing technology, proficient with all Microsoft Office
- Experience in contracts and negotiation, mergers and
acquisitions (M&A), and working within corporate organizations
(including formation and governance of JVs, LLCs) is
Who We Are
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work
with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues,
casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier
restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately
take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100
years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy
the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Delaware North Companies, Buffalo , Corporate Counsel, Other , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!