Technician Service Center I
Company: REV Group
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Technician Service Center I
Apply now "
Date: May 13, 2021
Location: Hamburg, NY, US, 14075
Company: REV Group, Inc.
Requisition ID: 9243
REV Group (NYSE: REVG) is a leading designer, manufacturer and
distributor of specialty vehicles and related aftermarket parts and
services. REV serves a diversified customer base primarily in the
United States through three segments: Fire & Emergency, Commercial
and Recreation. REV provides customized vehicle solutions for
applications including: essential needs (ambulances, fire
apparatus, school buses, mobility vans and municipal transit
buses), industrial and commercial (terminal trucks, cut-away buses
and street sweepers) and consumer leisure (recreational vehicles
("RVs") and luxury buses). REV's brand portfolio consists of 30
well-established principal vehicle brands including many of the
most recognizable names within our served markets. Several of REV's
brands pioneered their specialty vehicle product categories and
date back more than 50 years.
SCOPE: Responsible for diagnosing problems and performing
standard mechanical repairs in a shop environment on customer
equipment including emergency vehicle trucks and all related
components (transmissions, engines, transfer cases, fire pumps,
multiplex systems, ladders, suspension components, engine
components and subassemblies).
- Accurately troubleshoots and diagnoses standard problems with
- Identifies and orders parts necessary to complete repairs and
- Performs standard repairs on customer equipment.
- Replaces parts and equipment as necessary.
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment according to
established guidelines and schedules.
- Completes all work orders and time sheets in a legible,
accurate and timely manner.
- Provides assistance to more senior level shop technicians on
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Performs all work in accordance with established quality
standards and safety procedures.
- On occasion may travel to customers and/or dealers for job
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Performs or assists with any operations, as required or
directed, to maintain work flow or respond to production
- Follows safety rules, ensures safe operating conditions within
area of responsibility and notifies supervisor of unusual operating
- Attends and participates in a variety of meetings, training
programs and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate
issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific
level of knowledge pertaining to changes to equipment or process,
new developments, requirements, policies and procedures; assists
with the training and orientation of new or transferred employees
- Must be able to perform within physical requirements including,
but not limited to 40 lb. single lift; walking, kneeling, squatting
and standing for long periods of time.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- Must have a variety of mechanics tools necessary to perform the
- SAFETY: Follow E-ONE General Health & Safety Rules, ensure safe
operating conditions within area of responsibility, and notify
coworkers and supervisors of hazardous acts and conditions. Proper
use of PPE; use only defect-free equipment. Promote safety in
department. Use proper lifting techniques and overhead hoist when
needed. Maintain clean and safe working environment in line with
5-S Philosophy. Participate in hazardous communication training and
- QUALITY: Responsible for the quality of work. This requires
defect-free work and understanding of the requirements of the
company's quality system as it pertains to job duties and
responsibilities. Must be able to check work to ensure conformance
to process control instructions, specifications, and quality
standards. Identify and segregate non-conforming product. Identify
the need for and assist in initiating and implementing corrective
and preventive actions when appropriate.
- FLEXIBILITY: Able and willing to work in other areas as needed.
Must be flexible in taking lunch and breaks when workflow requires.
Willing to work additional hours as necessary.
- INITIATIVE: Actively participate in continuous improvement of
products and processes to better serve customers and improve the
overall profitability of E-ONE. Actively seek out work in other
areas when current assignment is complete. Make suggestions for
improving product quality, processes, safety, and company
- TEAMWORK: Positive working attitude toward other employees; be
a team player. Work with others constructively and abide by company
policies and procedures. Working together as a team for continuous
improvement is vital to ensure the future of E-ONE and its
employees. Teamwork will be required to be effective in daily
production assignments as well as special improvement
- CAREER DEVELOPMENT: Attend and participate in a variety of
meetings, training programs, and task force groups to integrate
activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems,
and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to changes to
equipment or process, new developments, requirements, procedures,
- LEADERSHIP: Lead the team, provide innovative thought
leadership on strategies to grow market share, increase
profitability, and meet long-term business goals.
- ACTION-ORIENTED: Enjoy working hard; is action-oriented and
energetic; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seize
more opportunities than others.
- CONFLICT MANAGEMENT: Step up to conflicts, seeing them as
opportunities; read situations quickly; good at focused listening;
can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can
find common ground and get cooperation.
- DEALING WITH AMBIGUITY: Can effectively cope with change; can
shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the
total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't
have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk
- DRIVE FOR RESULTS: Can be counted on to exceed goals
successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top
performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and
others for results.
- Must be High School Graduate or have General Education Degree
(GED) and/or two to four years of related experience
- Must have 2 years experience or equivalent in diagnostics and
troubleshooting fire apparatus and/or heavy trucks
- Must possess and maintain a CDL "'B" driver's license
- Must be dependable and trustworthy
- Must have the ability to utilize the available time to organize
and complete work within given deadlines
- Must have the ability to take care of customer needs while
following Company procedures
- Must be willing to share information and work with other
- Must be self-directed and motivated
- Must communicate effectively in speaking with all employees and
all levels of management
- Must have the ability to communicate in writing clearly and
- Must be a team player
Within eighteen (18) months of appointment:
- Emergency Vehicle Technician (E.V.T.) Certifications for Level
I E.V.T. status for Apparatus
- Must possess and maintain a Fork Lift Operator
- Must possess and maintain an AC Certification
- E-ONE Aerial Certification Level I
- Lift/Push/Pull- Exerting and/or up to 40 pounds of force
frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move
- Climbing- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding,
ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and
- Stooping- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at
- Kneeling- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or
- Crouching/Crawling/Reaching - Bending the body downward and
forward by bending leg and spine. Moving about on hands and knees
or hands and feet. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any
- Standing- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly
for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an
activity such as: operating machines such as lathes, drill presses,
power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's
reach; performing mechanical tasks of a non-repetitive nature such
as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters,
mechanics, etc. The worker is required to have visual acuity to
operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of
physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts,
moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and
high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
E-ONE is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and marketer of
fire rescue vehicles with more than 23,000 vehicles in operation
around the world. Headquartered in Ocala, Florida, E-ONE is the
industry leader in product innovation, bringing new technologies to
the market that exceed our customer's expectations.
REV Group is committed to a policy of equal employment
opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without
regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic
information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by
law. REV Group also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal
employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with
disabilities, and for protected veterans.
NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Effective January 1, 2020, pursuant to the California Consumer
Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended, the "CCPA"), if you are a
California resident, you may have certain additional rights. Please
click on the link for a description of those rights and how
California residents may exercise them.
Keywords: REV Group, Buffalo , Technician Service Center I, Other , Hamburg, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!