When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you
will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for
your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to
support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make
significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
In this role, you will operate a variety of processing and
packaging equipment to manufacture cell culture media in accordance
with current Good Manufacturing Practices.
Hours: Flex 10 hours 3rd shift
Pay Rate Information:
Base pay for Manufacturing Technicians starts at $16.00-$18.00
- 2nd shift offers a 10% shift differential on top of base
- 3rd shift offers a 15% shift differential on top of base
What will you do?
In this role you may complete some or all of the following
- Operate processing and packaging equipment to manufacture cell
culture media. Equipment includes mixers, mills, blenders, pumps,
filtration systems, and packaging equipment.
- Weigh, measure and check raw materials with assistance of
computer interface to assure batches manufactured contain proper
materials and quantities.
- Calibrate/operate semi-automated and automated manufacturing
- Perform in-process sampling and testing to assure batches meet
- Follow all safe practices and SOP's.
- Complete and maintain Quality Records in compliance with
regulatory requirements, GMP's and standard operating
- Maintain equipment and rooms in proper operating condition and
proper cleanliness requirements.
- Perform activities in a controlled environment up to and
including classified clean room conditions.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required
How will you get here?
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
General understanding of machinery and mechanics is required.
Strong attention to detail required.
Experience working with a strong focus on quality of product
required. Prior experience in a GMP manufacturing environment is
preferred. Knowledge of computer applications and current software
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
Works in a controlled manufacturing environment; is required to
lift up to 50 lbs. and may be required to stand for long periods of
time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with
materials and equipment. Must be able to work overtime and flexible
shifts. Various levels of gowning are required.
What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees:
Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of